MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Site Staff
9,618 Posts
I've seen some documentaries about those families that are into snake charming, the vast majority of them defang the snakes, which the animal lovers don't like. I can see both points, it's not nice to defang and then mess with the cobras, but then again most of those people who do that are dirt poor and just trying to survive.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I watch alot of DC and explorer......But this was just nutts.

quote="G56"]I've seen some documentaries about those families that are into snake charming, the vast majority of them defang the snakes, which the animal lovers don't like. I can see both points, it's not nice to defang and then mess with the cobras, but then again most of those people who do that are dirt poor and just trying to survive.[/quote]

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
gregisthegreatest said:
As the Aussies would say, "WTF MATE!!!?"

How can you top that?...

·
Registered
37 Posts
They'll usually stitch the mouth shut or rip the fangs out. This is a death sentance to the snake. Contrary to our rattlesnake roundup's ,India protects all of it's snakes .The reason is rodent control.Less snakes = more rodents. More rodents = less crops which = starvation. It's a unusual situation in a country that a minimum of 25,000 people die from snake bite's alone. Which is about 10% of reported bites. US figures are approx 5000 bites 8- 15 deaths a year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts