MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to set up a date to meet up and fire some ammo?

I think we should set up a board meeting date where we all get together and fire some ammo. It is never fun to shoot rounds alone!

Let me know if you feel up to it, and if you want my phone # to set anything up, just PM me.

Also, maybe we can do some Hooters for lunch. Nothing wrong with some wings

If anyone is available Friday (21st) i'm down all day long.

Let me know!

p.s. I think that would be a good section to set up... a board meeting section

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
choochboost said:
You could even go on a field trip to Comp-Tac. 8)

Sounds good to me

You should think about coming out here sometime Chooch, the city might convince you to leave that hellhole state and move up in the world :wink:

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Although Houston is 3 hours away from Fort Polk, LA, I would be willing to make the drive to shoot some targets...

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Morgan Walker said:
Although Houston is 3 hours away from Fort Polk, LA, I would be willing to make the drive to shoot some targets...

Sounds great Morgan
I'd be willing to come out there sometime, too, when I get my gas-saver up and running

Anyone else want to do something? How does sometime this Friday sound, or possibly next week?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Anyone intrested in some John Farnum training in Victoria??? It's pretty fun... $500 for the weekend.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'd be game sometime, but can't make it on Friday. Came down with my semi-annual cold/allergy/sinus bout today and won't be shooting for a week or so.

I'm across town from you, in the Humble area.

I thought about makiing the drive down to the Pasadena Gun Center one of these days, since he said he charges by the hour, not by the gun, and I'd like to shoot a few of my other pistols. Said he limits shooters to just an hour, if others are waiting, but if not, you can keep shooting. Have you shot therre?

Usually i go to Carter's Country in Spring or Thunder Range on 1314.

·
Registered
100 Posts
choochboost said:
You could even go on a field trip to Comp-Tac. 8)

I tried to visit them when I ordered my CTAC, since they are located only about 15 miles from me near the range I sometimes frequent, but was told they have no retail store or any place to visit.

Got the idea that "factory tours" were not offered.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live, literally, 4 miles from Pasadena Gun Center. Almost every 2 weeks I go there and shoot rounds. Honestly, i've never been told to leave or that I had a time limit. Only complication that may arise is that they will tell you to go to one of the further lanes so it won't hurt their ears (door is on the left side, so bigger/louder guns go to the right side). I brought my 357, 44, 2x45, 22LR, and a Glock 19, and was only charged $7.50 per person, not per gun.

The people who work there are great and really want to help out.

I recommend, though, we either go to an outdoor range (so maybe Texas City, but one of the other 2 in town) or a nice and large indoor... PGC is only 13ish stalls if I remember right.

Anyways... i'll be bring my fiancee, and maybe a couple of other people (depending), and maybe about 4 guns... so space is important. How about... October 5th?

Who is down for Friday October 5th?

Meet up somewhere for lunch and then move to the range, and maybe check out some gun stores?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gordon, buy yourself a room, if we do it the 5th, 6th, or 7th... we can ALSO attend this:

Oct 6-7 Pasadena, Convention Center Pasadena HIGH CALIBER gun show

So, who is with me?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Set it up for a weekend when the Reliant Houston Gun collectors show is running.

That's a show worth attending, and since it's (almost) downtown it's right in the center of the city.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
madecov said:
Set it up for a weekend when the Reliant Houston Gun collectors show is running.

That's a show worth attending, and since it's (almost) downtown it's right in the center of the city.

Do you know when the next one is around?

I'm still going to Pasadena Gun Center Friday if anyone would like to join me. Got the old M&P back, so i'd like to send some rounds through it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'd like to tag along. I live about 50 miles NW of H-town (Bellville).

Weekdays are tight but generally open on weekends.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey...I'm in. Let me know the date and time. Weekdays are not good for me, but most weekends are open. I in Houston, but I wouldn't mind driving a few miles outside of town.

LETS DO IT!!!

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So, how about a gun range in the vicinity of Houston and the gun show on the 6th of October?

I should have my grips from Olyeller by then, so anyone in Houston can try them out when we meet up... his service = amazingly fast, but USPS is so darn slow -.- anyways, I digress...

Some early morning/noonish range shooting Saturday the 6th, followed by lunch, and then gun show, or more range shooting? I'm down for either... :twisted:

now back to my 13+ hr work days

·
Registered
100 Posts
Keep me on your list, Grimwulff, but I'm taking my Ham Radio exam the morning of the 6th. Any other amateur radio operaters on the forum?

I still want to gt to the Pasadena range - maybe some weekday. I'll PM you when the calender clears up a bit.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 19 of 19 Posts