MP-Pistol Forum banner

How accurate is your wrist watch?

4K views 25 replies 26 participants last post by  harrydog 
#1 ·
#2 ·
+/- 15 seconds a year. Fully Kenetic Automatic Tag Heuer Kirium.

http://www.authenticwatches.com/wl5111ba0700.html

Bought it as a High School graduation gift to myself. Been wearing it every day of my life for 8 almost 9 years now. Still has absolutely 0 scratches on the sapphire crystal face (would take a diamond drill bit to scratch it), but at around 1600.00 bucks a pop, it isn't for the faint at heart. This watch has been beat to hell and back and has been absolutely flawless. As my grandmother taught me growing up, buy the best and you'll never be disappointed. That's why I'm also a S&W customer.

#3 ·
That holds true with me for everything but watches...the cheaper they are, the longer they last. If I get a nice one I will lose it or it will break. I call it the curse of cheap watches.

#4 ·
A long time ago I bought an expensive Omega Chronometer, beautiful watch, but the worst I ever had for keeping time, it would gain about 5 minutes a week, it was supposedly "regulated" several times, they never could get that thing to keep accurate time. I finally got rid of it and got a Seiko, I've had real good luck with Seiko's.

#5 ·
I actually stopped wearing watches on my wrist, simply because I was tearing them up. That and my sweat makes rubber bands brittle and leather and canvas stink, even after washing. I wear a timex Ironman on my belt now. Looks odd, but I don't care. I'm not replacing bands every six months or so. I really feel bad for people who have that bio-electric field about them that kills watch batteries. They're always late.

#8 ·
Retired three years ago and do not wear a watch much. I really don't care what time it is most of the time. I wear a Seiko when I do. Don't really know how accurate it is but I set it when the time changes back and forth between EST and DST.

It's great being R_E_T_I_R_E_D

I retired early due to health reasons. I just got sick of the damn place.

#10 ·
G56 said:
A long time ago I bought an expensive Omega Chronometer, beautiful watch, but the worst I ever had for keeping time, it would gain about 5 minutes a week ...

I inherited an Omega Automatic Seamaster from my Father, who purchased it new back in the very early 50's. It's the watch I use to set all my other watches with.

--

Mike

#18 ·
Mine is within 1 second of the standard Global Positioning System timing source. I'm anal retentive like that sometimes
I can always readjust if I notice it is a few seconds off.

Takes a lickin' ...

#21 ·
dibt like to wear a watch at my job, too much machinery and tooling. i carry my verizon wireless phone. they set the time, date and all that stuff at activation. i guess its accurate.

#22 ·
i haven't worn a watch in years. seems pointless when i always have a cellphone in my pocket.

by the way, my cell phone was about 1 second slow. maybe less.

props to AT&T and my LG

#26 ·
There's something special about a mechanical watch. They aren't really about accuracy though. If you want that, get a quartz watch. A few seconds off per day is very good for a mechanical watch. When you think about it, it's a marvel that they can even be that accurate. And a good mechanical watch, with occasional servicing, can be worn for a lifetime and handed down to your children for another lifetime of use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.