MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 414 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

I live in Salem, OR. Non of the local non "big box store" gun shops have seen a single M&P Shield. The only store in town that has recieved any is Sportsman's Warehouse, and they have only recieved 3 total.

Are these guns this difficult to purchase across the country, or only here on the left coast?

Do you have any suggestions of places where I might be able to purchase one?

I don't mind paying for the transfer.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally gave up on waiting on anywhere local getting one. Got mine on gunbroker, paid $504 by the time all shipping and transfer fees were taken care of, haven't regretted it.

·
Site Staff
2,805 Posts
Buds had a few in the store the other day. Not sure if they were avalible on the web page , but it's always good place to check.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Here in Michigan I was on four waiting lists, was told by two other shops they were not even taking names any longer. I checked "Davidson's Gallery of Guns" everyday and nothing, then one day they showed 5. By the time I filled out my purchase the others were gone. That may not help you but at least it is another place to keep an eye on.

·
Site Staff
9,623 Posts
I was thinking about getting on a waiting list, that's how I got my Ruger 380, but I figured the price would be quite a bit higher, so I'll just keep checking Davidson's, I've got a nearby dealer that will really give me a good price if I can get it from Davidson's. I order it from Davidson's and pick it up from them a few days later if its in stock at Davidson's, right now they say they are being allocated.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just kept calling local dealers and wanting to put my name on the list, then I decided to call a local distributor. I told them I would pay full ahead and order one, a few minutes later I got a call that said "we just got one in" and I said "im on the way" (coincidence?) ;)

Dealers have been telling me they are no longer making lists or taking order and just on a first come first served basis because they have had people not come through.

Just go to the source if you can IMO

·
Registered
4,539 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Got lucky. I had decided I would buy the first 9mm Shield I found under $450. Went to Gander Mountain in Hattiesburg, MS. They had one on the shelf for $449. It's mine now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I got lucky as well with Gander Mountain. I called and they had 2 in stock that just arrived. I was there in 15 minutes.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I called the local shop the Monday after the Shield was announced and they had a 9mm in-drove right over and got it.

Found a 40S&W at a gun show, the end of June and grabbed it.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I called my local gun dealer (he's one of he bigger ones in town) and put my name on his list. 2 weeks later I got the call! Great CCW gun. Good Luck!

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
Shoot Straight in Clearwater Florida (one of the biggest dealers in the country) had 4 40's and 3 9's in the case the other day.

Jeff

·
Registered
70 Posts
I got mine at the biggest LGS in the Baton Rouge area. Walked in and they had 4 .40s in stock. Said that they couldn't keep the nines on the shelf. Those sold within hours. Bought on the spot for $429 plus tax.

They sell so fast that you probably need to try multiple options. Call or visit all of the big box and LGS in your area, get on waiting lists if they have them and check the online stores daily. You have to be in the right place at the right time.

Can't be price sensitive, either. Personally, I think that MSRP is a bargain for this gun.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My local LGS has 1 in stock, and it's not for sale - display only. They take your money and place the order with S&W. Mine came in in 1 week exactly. $429 + tax for mine.

See if your LGS will order it for you.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
How are we getting ours? Luck. I went to my LGS to simply pick up some ammo. After I paid for my ammo, I asked on a whim if they had any Shields in stock. She went and checked and came out with the last one. I bought it on the spot $425+tax. They got a shipment the night before and sold out in hours the next morning I went. While I was filling out the paper work, another shop employee came asked if the one I bought had been sold. The shop was pack with wall to wall people buy lots of guns. Talk about lucky!

1 - 20 of 414 Posts