MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any safety measures you take when bringing ammo to the range? gun safe? box? chuck the ammo in the trunk? how do you do it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
i put all the guns i want to shoot in their original boxes or separate holsters (if i keep them at home in their holsters) and then throw them in my range bag along with all the ammo i want to shoot. i usually have the ammo in plastic reloading cases since i reload everything i shoot except .22lr. i guess i'm not very worried about anything being unsafe.

·
Site Staff
9,613 Posts
My ammo will be in plastic ammo boxes inside my S&W range bag, sometimes I load my magazines before shooting and take the loaded magazines instead of the boxes.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Oh man, is this a "California" kind of question? With all the oppression that I have heard about taking place down there, I'm wondering if it's "the law" now that even your ammo has to be locked up during transport. Of course, with the way the next elections are shaping up, all kinds of tyranny may be inacted on a FEDERAL level....sheesh. Anyway, up here in fungus corners, I use plastic 100 round ammo boxes inside a water tight box because of all our rain. Even then, everything gets wet and I have to take care to avoid problems. The brass has to be dried off on an old cookie pan on top of the wood burner. Unfired ammo gets dried off with an old towel before being re-boxed. Thank-god for Glock finish and kydex! Otherwise, in WA state there's no hu-hu about transporting ammo. Well, you can't drive around with a loaded rifle, but otherwise, no worries.

---Wyley

·
Registered
206 Posts
I use military surplus ammo cans.. Been using them for years.. I just put them in the back of my Jeep..

I can still remember when my uncle brought in a buttload from the Army when he was stationed at Fort Knox.. I use one for each different caliber I shoot and the boxes are marked...

Ben

1 - 7 of 7 Posts