MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about getting a 2.0 compact. I like my 2.0 Shields a lot. I own several Glocks including 2 G19s that I like shooting and am good with. I have G26 that I don't like a lot that I am thinking of trading. I read good reviews on the 2.0 compact and then I read some that aren't so good or they have problems with them. I have not had problems with my Shields at all or any of my Glocks. Will the 2.0 compact be as good?

·
Registered
22 Posts
My M&P M2.0 Compact has quickly become one of my favorite range guns. It feels great in the hand and is accurate as all get out. I have put 500 flawless rounds through it. It is an absolute tac driver and I can't recommend it highly enough to you.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The 2.0 Compact 9 is my favorite of the guns I own, to the point that it's my EDC. It's very accurate and I've had zero problems with it from day one. It eats any ammo I want to feed it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the 2.0 compact is as good if not better than the equivalent Glock. If you don't like your 26 replace it with either a 3.6 compact or a subcompact.

·
Registered
296 Posts
A M&P45 2.0 Compact is my EDC, and favorite pistol of the type. The grip and ergonomics are perfect for me. I like the very aggressive grip texture. Accuracy has been right on out to almost 50 yards. Biggest weakness is the trigger, but there are fixes if you want. I left mine alone.

I would say if you decide to go with the M&P to sell the Glock. For no other reason than the grip angle is different. For a Carry Gun you want the sights to instinctively align. That's not going to happen if you are switching between the two.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Like the gun .Hate the safety. Old thumb can't get it off safe. Any fixes???
As Rangerman said, the thumb safety is easily removed. If your gun is a 2.0 9mm or 40, then you could sell the removed safety, spring and detent to someone like me who wants one and can't find any. :yes

·
Registered
1 Posts
They're pretty excellent. I've owned nearly a dozen gen 1 m&ps and shields and a few Glocks, and I've been carrying my 2.0c 9mm since they were new. The grip texture is about perfect for shooting, but I couldn't take it anymore for iwb carry. Finally broke down and sanded the grip down a bit a couple weeks ago. It's not that it's too aggressive on my skin, but on my shirt rather. It actually makes it harder to conceal as it literally grabs onto my shirt and prints like crazy every time I move. In my opinion, they are under priced. For what they go for, everyone should have one.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I recently bought the M&P40 2.0 Compact. I like it, but its just another option in size. It has more capacity than the 40C, is smaller than the full-size, but can use a full-size mag. I also own a Full-size and a 40C, so I have options.

If it’s a carry gun and you only want one; I think it’s the best choice. If you don’t carry and want a home defense/Range gun; I think the full-size is the best choice.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a bit over a 1000 rds thru my 40S&W Compact. An extremely reliable pistol, accurate. I use this pistol when teaching those predominately armed with striker fire pistols. I much prefer this pistol to the Glock based on grip angle and feel alone.

JW

·
Registered
56 Posts
I sure like the feel and accuracy of my 2.0 40c 4" barrel. Very impressed with it!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have both the 2.0 compact and subcompact in 9 mm. These are easily the best shooting firearms I have. The triggers are much better than the originals. The subcompact has become my primary carry. The compact I love to take to the range besides bedside duty.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had Glocks... none ever fit my hand right..
Feels like your holding a block of wood.

Have sold off all my Glocks after buying a 2.0 Compact 9 and .40.

Current M&P's..
5" FDE 9mm with Apex and Trijicon HD's and Surefire x300
4" Compact 9mm with Polymer action kit and factory night sights
5" M&P Peformance Series CORE .40 ported. (phenominal right out of the box for Gen 1)

But I've had the 3.6's in 9 and 40.. but favor the 4" .

Smith and Wesson is far superior to Glock on all levels..
Ergonomics, points easy, very little felt recoil even in 40.

Fits hand perfect every time.

Trigger- I'm one of those that like the factory trigger.. once you get used to the hinge and place your trigger finger on the same spot everytime, it's very easy to shoot and follow up shots are also quick.

I resisted for the longest time, but have since installed the Apex flat faced forward set kit in my 5" FDE 9mm,
That was well worth the $$$ The 5" is literally a tackdriver now with that trigger and Trijicon HD's..

M&P's in the 2.0 versions are well worth the money.. you get quality for not a big price tag.

Can't see how Glocks still sell for $500 and up when you can get a M&P for $349.00 .

There's my .02 FWIW..

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Bought a 2.0 9c today and was amazed by the trigger. Not changing it. Hope to get it to the range tomorrow.

·
Registered
608 Posts
How good are the M&P 2.0 compacts?

Um, this good...

10 or 12 Yards if memory serves:

14 Yards:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts