MP-Pistol Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I have been thinking about getting a 2.0 compact. I like my 2.0 Shields a lot. I own several Glocks including 2 G19s that I like shooting and am good with. I have G26 that I don't like a lot that I am thinking of trading. I read good reviews on the 2.0 compact and then I read some that aren't so good or they have problems with them. I have not had problems with my Shields at all or any of my Glocks. Will the 2.0 compact be as good?
The M&P 2.0 Compact 9 mm is my everyday carry. Love it. I own over 10 M&P's Gen 1, Gen 2, with Apex, without Apex, Shields, Full Size, etc., etc.I also own a bunch of Glocks, Sigs, XDM's etc, etc. I like them all, but, I like the ergo's on M&P's better than any other pistol that I own. The only alterations that I have made on mine were the addition of Triicon night sights and I sanded down the grip a bit as it is a little rough on shirts.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Okay, gotta ask, you guys with the good groups, what are you shooting in those pistols.

I really like the way they feel in my hand and I love those Apex triggers, but my 9MM (it's a 5" FDE) won't begin to do that. I think the .45 2.0 Compact (4" barrel, 10 round magazines sized compact) might do that. I need to get it back to the range to make sure it will do it again after impressing me the first range trip.

But the 9's and .40's. Nope. The little Shield 9MM shoots better groups than my 9 and .40 M&Ps.

Please tell me the bullet weight/type/brand you used to shoot those groups.

Blame it on me, if you like, but I have to use my CZ P07 .40 and hot 135 grain hollow points to shoot groups like that. Or the P09 9MM with hot 115 grain hollow points. But I've not been able to do that with the 9MM or .40 full sized M&Ps.

Thanks for any recommendations on ammo.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Okay, gotta ask, you guys with the good groups, what are you shooting in those pistols.

I really like the way they feel in my hand and I love those Apex triggers, but my 9MM (it's a 5" FDE) won't begin to do that. I think the .45 2.0 Compact (4" barrel, 10 round magazines sized compact) might do that. I need to get it back to the range to make sure it will do it again after impressing me the first range trip.

But the 9's and .40's. Nope. The little Shield 9MM shoots better groups than my 9 and .40 M&Ps.

Please tell me the bullet weight/type/brand you used to shoot those groups.

Blame it on me, if you like, but I have to use my CZ P07 .40 and hot 135 grain hollow points to shoot groups like that. Or the P09 9MM with hot 115 grain hollow points. But I've not been able to do that with the 9MM or .40 full sized M&Ps.

Thanks for any recommendations on ammo.
If memory serves, I was shooting a mix of Federal aluminum case 180gr and Aguila 180gr, but who knows? I can;t even remember what I had for dinner last night.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have at least 20 Glocks. I am a Glock armorer, and carried several Glocks on duty about 90% of the time for the last 25 years. But, I love my 2.0 compact and 3.6” compact. They point and shoot more naturally than any of my Glocks ever have. The 2.0 trigger is about twice as good as the first version. You won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I think the 2.0 compact is as good if not better than the equivalent Glock. If you don't like your 26 replace it with either a 3.6 compact or a subcompact.
I agree with you 100% on that !!! The 2.0 Compact has one of the best feeling grips, fits the hand perfectly and with the extra grip panels you can tailor fit it to your hand. I carry a G19 for work purposes but on my own time I mostly carry my 2.0 Compact 9, I like the size and the amount of rounds in the magazine, and with the a magazine sleeve I carry an extra 17 round full size magazine as a back-up. Comparing the size difference between the Compact and the Sub-Compact both the guns are virtually the same size, a half inch in the length & a half inch in grip length. that's IMHO. (y)

21 - 26 of 26 Posts