MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I struggle with the cost of my hobbies. A new set of Ping clubs turned into new living room furniture for the wife. My BMW motorcycle got her a remodeled bathroom.

Fortunately, my son alerted me to the outstanding performance of S & W's stock. It had increased 150% plus in 2005. So, after a little research, I bought about $10,000 in S&W about three weeks ago. It has gone up 10% since my buy. So, now I have a grand of "free money" to buy my 40, ship it to Dan B and give it the works. Look at the WWB, I can buy with the change.

If I get caught, she may get a start on that new kitchen.

:roll:

·
Registered
126 Posts
The story sounds familiar (up to the buying $10K in stock part
). Sounds like you have a good plan for the purchase/customizing of your M&P/

·
Registered
708 Posts
awesome, 3 weeks ago was near its low for the past few months!! I started watching this stock around 8$ finally bought in at 10ish, watched it soar to 14.50$ a share. only if i had 10k at the time... you have a smart son, how old?.. I have watched alot of stocks the past 6 years, i would probably have a house by now if i had some money..

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Darklyte24 - He is 26... working diligently to build up his capital base. A step at a time... you sound as if you know the story - investment should take priority over a room full of toys. Have you heard the one about the guy who bought a Harley just after AMF dumped the Motor Company? His bike has long been trashed. Had he bought stock in the New Motor Company with the money he spent on the bike, his portfolio would be just over a million today. (I've read this tale somewhere - don't know if it is true or not... but the thought process is valid.)

·
Registered
708 Posts
the company i work at, you might have heard of it.. Intel.. I just started working july 06, heard about the core 2 duo chips months before and bought the stock around 18 sold at 21

few biotech stocks i made some money on, hundred here and there.. only if i had the capital it would be thousands or tens of.. ill be 26 this march.

·
Registered
490 Posts
little texan with big ears who ran for president passed up on a small orange box company you might be familiar with, The Home Depot? He told one of the original owners to buy a caddy. Owner said he didnt like them. Perot said "my men drive caddies" they walked outside and said "he doesnt even own the company and hes already telling me what to do."

P.S. GREAT buy on the stock. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will drop a few points but i dont expecte that any time soon.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your Home Depot story really happened... but the details were a little different. The Home Depot founders drove Caddies - the "investor" thought they were splurging - unnecessarily. His comment was, "My people drive Chevys." And, he really does.

·
Registered
505 Posts
i would imagine its still going to rise with the realease of the 45

·
Registered
490 Posts
True but I don't have a lot lying around right now. Valentines day paycheck is going to have next to 0 hours. Life of a broke college kid.

Maybe I should have taken the money I used to buy my M&P and bought stock in SWHC then waited until summer to get my own free M&P. Heck, I could use it to buy the gun responsible for making me some money.

Couldn't you justify buying another S&W product since each thing you buy boosts your stock value?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts