MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wanting a handgun in .45 caliber for some time now. I'm not a 1911 fanatic, though I do respect the history and such. I hear taking them down can be a pain and they sometimes need tweaking to get them to shoot right. We have few gunsmiths here and I don't know if they're any good to boot. I basically want a reliable .45 pistol to have on hand. I have a later model MP9 full size and enjoy it very much, so does the .45 perform on par with the .40 and 9mm versions so far? Just wondering and thanks in advance.

Ciao,

Effy

·
Registered
79 Posts
I have an MP45 with a serial number in the MPR5XXX range and mine has run flawlessly and shoots to POA.

I just ordered an MP9 for my girlfriend (due in mid next week) and am hoping the reverse is true also.

"That the MP9 is on par with the MP45."

I figure I'll turn it over to her after I get 1000 or so rounds through it first. :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
My MP45 Has been fantastic! Take down is not really that difficult, if you are talking field strip. The only real difference in take down is the sear disconnect lever. It is rather easy to flip the lever down, and makes it so you don't have to pull the trigger during field strip.

Some folks have complained about the trigger being heavy or gritty, but I have not found this to be an issue for me.

I think you will be happy with this gun right out of the box...I certainly am!

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have owned and been isued lots of 1911's for 30+ years and owned Sig's and Glocks in .45 for quite some time as well. As others have said the early M&P .45's had finish and trigger issues but everything I have seen lately looks good. Mine has been excellent. I don't think you will find a more ergonomic easy to shoot .45 and Smith has great customer service. I put 250 rounds through mine the first time I shot it and had no hand fatigue at all which is pretty surprising. Recoil and muzzle rise are less than anything else I have ever owned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts