MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how long it takes for Utah CCW to process? I have been hearing up to 100 days even thought Utah says 60 days? Sent all paperwork out today. Thanks in advance.

-swiftdraw

·
Registered
105 Posts
Well I sent my app. in at the end of February, my check cleared march 2nd, and still no permit. A buddy sent his in January and got his last week.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for replies. Looks like I'm in for a long wait. Maybe it will come before the VM2 I recently ordered...20-24 weeks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Wow! I thought Illinois lacked a CCW permit and thus it would be illegal to carry in Illinois with or without an out of state permit! Dennis

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DennisE-

Your right, can't carry in IL, but I live 15 minutes from STL, where I also work sometimes and spend lots of time.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
My buddy and I sent ours off at the same time, his was back in 30 days and mine is still processing nearly 75 days later. Mine is a (FL) CCWP and his was a (LA).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow 13 weeks, I guess I'll have my new gun belt(Beltman), and my new IWB holster (UGB) before then. Oh well, good things come to those who wait, so I'm guessing I'll get something late July to early June.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
From Utah's .gov website: We are currently processing concealed permit applications for out-of-state residents received on April 23, 2007

I sent mine around that time, but it wasn't billed to cc until May 5. I guess it will be a little longer. 5 months sounds about right for the current wait.

·
Registered
28 Posts
They have a total of 4 people to work this department and their law fixes the cost, so they are resource limited.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Finally got my CFP

Got back from the range and watching Rob Leatham shooting (by the way, that guy is awesome), and in my mailbox was my CFP from Utah. I sent it off late April, it was billed May 5, and got it today Sept. 21.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts