MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long on average, have most people here waited for the FL CWP from time of mailing to time when it comes in the mail? I just sent mine in on 12/19/2007 and I am hoping that it does not take more than 6-7 weeks, am I being overly optimistic? I just hope I do not run into too many problems, I do have a squeaky clean record-- I am keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
If you do a seach I believe some one from az got it in a week. But now the holidays are around the corner it will hit the snail trail there and back.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Some may get theirs faster but around 60 days is the norm for Florida. As ststed above the holidays arent going to help.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just hope I am as fortunate as greatzippy or whatever his name was, he got his back in a month. And this was just a month ago. Keeping my fingers crossed, but knowing that it will likely take the usual 60-90 days.....

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My wife got her in 59 days but I screwed up and wrote TN as place of birth instead of Tennessee and got mine around 90 days. Man that was a long 30 days with the wife telling me every day 'some of us filled out our paper work properly and some of us have our permits'
But it will come ,good luck and stay safe :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Mine has been 35 days today, but I got my fingerprint card back last week because the city that did it did not write the city down, they just put a po box, so I had to put the complete address in and send it back. I sent it off corrected last Friday. So, we will see how long now. With any luck, it wont be to long. Good luck on yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine in 33 days it was approved in 2 weeks put the thanksgiving holiday kept them from printing it and mailing it for another 12 days after the approval

·
Registered
67 Posts
It took about 5 months to get my resident permit for the state of Florida.

First they sent me an "Error/Omissions" notice stating that I did not put the address of the law enforcement agency on the finger print card, and that I had not had the application notarized.

The thing is, the address WAS written plainly in the correct box on the card, and the application WAS notarized. So I sent their notice back to them with a polite letter, stating basically "WTF?" and a few months later the license arrived.

So, don't be surprised if it takes a while to get your LTC from FL. You could be one of the lucky ones... or you could be another application they screw up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
It took "four" business days to get my Arizona permit. I took the class on Saturday, mailed ithe application, finger print card and a money order for $60.00 on a Sunday. The permit was in my mailbox Thursday afternoon. Not bad at all considering they have up to 75 days to process it.

Check out this Poll....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tigs40cal said:
My wife got her in 59 days but I screwed up and wrote TN as place of birth instead of Tennessee and got mine around 90 days. Man that was a long 30 days with the wife telling me every day 'some of us filled out our paper work properly and some of us have our permits'
But it will come ,good luck and stay safe :wink:
They really sent your app back saying to write out fully your place of birth?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts