MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how popular they've gotten over the past time. Anybody know?

This isn't about M&P but I've heard over here in California that the CHP (highway patrol) is getting sued bc they renewed their contract with S&W (their autos) without testing any other firearm brands.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
I know for a fact that CHP looked at guns other than Smiths. The SIG "SRT" (short reset trigger) was developed specifically to address a criticism CHP had about the P226/P229 guns.

I think Smith is claiming almost 300 departments at this point, including at least three state police agencies (NM in 357 which they took away from Glock, NH in .45 which they took away from SIG, and IA in .40).

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ToddG said:
I know for a fact that CHP looked at guns other than Smiths. The SIG "SRT" (short reset trigger) was developed specifically to address a criticism CHP had about the P226/P229 guns.

I think Smith is claiming almost 300 departments at this point, including at least three state police agencies (NM in 357 which they took away from Glock, NH in .45 which they took away from SIG, and IA in .40).
is that so.. that's nice.

maybe i should've made myself clearer. how many agencies are using the M&P specifically??

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
KaPPaBaLL said:
maybe i should've made myself clearer. how many agencies are using the M&P specifically??

KaPPa -- sorry, I wasn't clear, either.

CHP isn't using the M&P and I don't know whether they tested it or not. They are, by most reports, very happy with their 3rd Gen Smiths.

The "almost 300" number, along with the three state agencies I mentioned (NM, NH, IA) are all using M&Ps.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ToddG said:
[quote name='KaPPaBaLL']

KaPPa -- sorry, I wasn't clear, either.

CHP isn't using the M&P and I don't know whether they tested it or not. They are, by most reports, very happy with their 3rd Gen Smiths.

The "almost 300" number, along with the three state agencies I mentioned (NM, NH, IA) are all using M&Ps.[/quote]wow. that is a lot. very very cool

·
Registered
365 Posts
Peel Regional Police in Ontario went to the M&P some time ago. May have been the first large force to make the change.

Take Care

Bob

·
Registered
475 Posts
There was a website that showed every single agency and department in the US that is using, or has just put an order in, for M&P handguns for side arms. It even broke it down to what models and calibers.

But alas, I can't think of it or find it. :roll:

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Slick26 said:
There was a website that showed every single agency and department in the US that is using, or has just put an order in, for M&P handguns for side arms. It even broke it down to what models and calibers.

But alas, I can't think of it or find it. :roll:

please post the website if you find it

·
Registered
25 Posts
Columbus ,Ohio police got m&p 40 last year replaced the old S&W 45 autos. know a few cpd some like some don't time will only tell.

·
Registered
372 Posts
From the third quarter stock report 10/31/07:

During the quarter, we continued to win sizable agencies, such as the New Mexico State Police, the Charlotte, North Carolina Police; and the Syracuse, New York Police Department. Among law enforcement agencies where the M&P is considered for selection, we're continuing the win T&Es at a win rate of over 80%.

This is happening because we have designed the M&P line of products specifically for law enforcement and military professionals. The number of law enforcement agencies that have purchased, or approved for carry, our M&P pistol has now grown to 264. We will continue to expand on our M&P line at the upcoming SHOT Show, and look forward to sharing some exciting new editions with you, then.

It can be found here.

I can't seem to find the list either. Perhaps someone can check with Smith and get the list from them.

MI_Jester

·
Registered
32 Posts
From S&W's website:

New Hampshire Division of State Police and Highway Patrol and the Hartford, Connecticut Police Department both will carry M&P45s.

"While among the first agencies to place an order for the M&P45, Hartford Police Department joins a growing list of police agencies that have selected firearms from the M&P Series for duty use. Recent additions include the Iowa State Patrol; Harris County Sheriff's Office in Texas; Charles County Police Department in Maryland; New Castle Police Department in Delaware; Berkeley Police Department in California; Kenner Police Department in Louisiana; Rocky Mount Police Department in North Carolina; Brookline Police Department in Massachusetts; Hampden County Sheriff's Office in Massachusetts; and the Jefferson County Sheriff's Office in Wisconsin."

"Columbus, Ohio Police Department and the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport Police (DFW) with the company's advanced-design polymer pistol, the M&P40. The agreements call for 1,875 M&P40 pistols to be shipped to the Columbus Police Department and 305 M&P40 pistols to be shipped for use by DFW Airport police officers."

"Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (Amex: SWB), parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 154-year old global provider of products and services for safety, security, protection and sport, today announced that it has reached an agreement with the North Carolina Department of Correction for 5,700 of the company's new Military & Police (M&P) Series of advanced-design polymer pistols."

"Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (Amex: SWB), parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 154-year old global provider of products and services for safety, security, protection and sport, today announced that it has secured an order from the Cincinnati Police Department for 1,100 of the Company's new M&P9 pistols."

"Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (Amex: SWB), parent company of Smith & Wesson Corp., the legendary 153-year old global provider of products and services for safety, security, protection and sport, today announced it has filled an order from the Patrick County, Virginia Sheriff's Department, for the Company's new Military & Police (M&P) Series of advanced-design polymer pistols."

·
Registered
237 Posts
The one thing that surprises me about CHP's chosen weapon, the 4006, is that they have adjustable

sights. While they look sturdy, they also look "clunky". I met Lou Chiodo, a CHP firearms

instructor, at a law enforcement conference in Florida a few years ago. This guy knows his stuff.

He should open a school along the lines of Thunder Ranch, Gunsite, etc.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
EMTCOP said:
The one thing that surprises me about CHP's chosen weapon, the 4006, is that they have adjustable

sights. While they look sturdy, they also look "clunky". I met Lou Chiodo, a CHP firearms

instructor, at a law enforcement conference in Florida a few years ago. This guy knows his stuff.

Do you know what the CHP pays? Or about the retirement package? A tad more than most instructors make. Now after he retires...

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
EMTCOP said:

yeah, i held a friend of mines, he's chp, and it felt clunky.

·
Registered
237 Posts
sholling said:
[quote name='EMTCOP']The one thing that surprises me about CHP's chosen weapon, the 4006, is that they have adjustable

Do you know what the CHP pays? Or about the retirement package? A tad more than most instructors make. Now after he retires...[/quote]

Yes, I meant after retirement. I would bet that top tier instructors like Clint Smith scrape by fairly

well financially.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts