MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been shooting my M&P9 in IDPA for a while and like that I am limited to 2 mag pouches.

However, I would like to start shooting USPSA Production with my M&P and my CZ SP-01. I understand that it is recommended to have at least 4 pouches due to the limited capacity (10) in the Production division. For those of you who shoot in this division, are you using four pouches, if so, two doubles, or four single pouches?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I use two Blad-tech double mag pouch holders and one Fobus mag/light holder. At the load command I pull the +1 mag from the Fobus holder and then I have 4 left with 10 rounds each in my Blad-techs.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Coltman,

Any opinion on the Revolution versus regular Injection Molded mag pouch? They are close in price, but I cannot figure out from Blade-Tech's website, what makes them different.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I think the revolution is the newest style. Make sure that you get the "tech-lok" style!! That might even be the name of them, they can be put on and off without having to take off your belt (hence the tech-lok name!).

·
Registered
936 Posts
I use 6 singles; one in back I load from.

I asked a holster maker and GM whether I should get doubles or singles, and he said, to use singles; why limit yourself?

-good advice.

·
Registered
936 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I use 5 singles.

yeah, well, I need an extra one in case my ham-fisted reloads shoots a mag across the stage.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I wear 5.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For those of you wearing singles, which manufacturer do you use? I am considering the Blackhawk CQC for the simple reason that they state the design can accommodate any double stack mag. I have a H&K, CZ and M&P, which have slight size variations and do not all fit in a tightly molded product designed for one.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I wear 6 of the I-Shot singles, first stage I ever shot in production I finished the stage with only one mag left on my belt.

Alway better to have and not need than to need and not have.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Kytacs all I run.

I got darn near $500 of their plastic lying around.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I wear two unlce mikes doubles. and keep my 11 round mag in my front pocket until load and make ready.

Don't want to spend the cash right now, but I'd liek to move to 5 ready tactical singles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Been shooting USPSA with my M&P40 full size for a few months. Stages generally run anywhere from 12 to 32 rounds. Just be sure you have enough for the stage plus any "clean up" rounds you may need. Keep in mind some stages have mandatory reloads also. I use a total of 5 magazines. Four of them for ammo and one for the mag disconnect at the end of the stage. If you have the mag disconnect, you will HAVE to have an extra empty mag for the "hammer down" before holstering. Once I scrape together a few more dollars it will be off to Dan Burwell for a trigger job and removal of this "feature". Didn't think about it when I made the purchase because I'd never had a handgun with this feature before. When it comes to loaded mags in USPSA, more is generally better.

To get started, I purchased 2 of Blade-Techs revolution double mag pouches and have been very happy with them. There injection molded, so not quite as nice as the formed kydex. But at only 20 bucks each I'm happy with them. The tek-lock attachement makes it easy to get them off and on too. I got a couple more for my 1911 to use in Single Stack. I tried Unlcle Mikes and didn't like them. They didnt keep consistent retention bewteen the two magazines. I have also used Comp-Tac's single mag pouches with the clip with other guns and have been very happy with them.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you for your responses everyone. I ordered three singles from Blackhawk that will supplement my double mag pouch from Blade-Tech. With this configuration I will have five for USPSA, and assuming the singles fit my M&P and H&K, 2 singles for IDPA.

·
Registered
9 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
I use Kytac, the best.

KYTAC pouches and holsters are nice. However, it takes ages for it to deliver. Since this is a one man store and the owner David Elderton are very hard to contact. He use lots of his time in competition shooting; therefore,may lack of time to complete the orders on time. A person had mentioned that he wait one year for a holster from Kytac!!!!

·
Registered
936 Posts
True, his stuff is very desirable and he has a long backlog, usually.

Helps when you know where he lives, though.

Seriously, though, Hes a LOT better than he used to be, give him another chance.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts