MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, there's been a lot of talk about the assault weapons ban coming back on high-cap mags. I was wondering how many mags everyone keeps for their AR?

I'm fine with three or four for my pistol because it's only going to be used primarily for concealed carry. For my AR though I feel the need to have more but am unsure of how many I should get as they may be very hard to get in the future. I'd like to have them for any possible future situation such as competitions, defense, zombies, etc and was wondering how many everyone would ideally have if they become very limited. Also, did the ban also apply to stripper clips? I wouldn't think so, but am not sure.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
I'm probably the WRONG person to answer this question :twisted:

However I'll try...which the prices as low as they are now I recommend no less than 40.

I also recommend you take advantage of the ISHOT/mp-store.com PMAG group buy. The new Magpul mags are absolutely incredible and have already proven themselves to be extremely durable.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
I use my AR's mostly for hunting and shooting off the bench, I've got 10 20 round mags and 5 30 round mags, all genuine GI mags, I stocked up a bit this fall, that's twice what I had last summer.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, 40 mags, would that qualify for a bulk discount?

Also, how do you like the load level viewer on those? I'm assuming it's plastic and it seems like something that might get yellow and brittle over time?

[/quote]

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Lets put it this way, I just got my AR, but I have 10, I will have about 30 magpul mags, 2-3 with the window, just to have them.

I will be stocking up considering the proposed ban.

·
Registered
59 Posts
m4arc said:
I'm probably the WRONG person to answer this question :twisted:

However I'll try...which the prices as low as they are now I recommend no less than 40.

I also recommend you take advantage of the ISHOT/mp-store.com PMAG group buy. The new Magpul mags are absolutely incredible and have already proven themselves to be extremely durable.

What's the URL for this group buy? Sorry - if this is staring me in the face - but I am home sick and things are always harder to find..

·
Registered
501 Posts
I only have 10 for the AR, bought them at a good price a while back. Have 10 for either the G3 or the Cetme too (can't remember which they're for). Don't own an AR or G3 or Cetme but in case I ever do..

Now if you were asking about FAL mags I'd guess about a hundred? FALs I do own

·
Registered
37 Posts
6.8mm

3 10 round magazines and the 26 rounder that came with it.

@ $0.56 a round, I'm not in a hurry to unload multiple Hi-Caps anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Okay, I'll admit that I have a sickness when it comes to magazines. I have shoeboxes full of Glock mags but when it comes to AR mags...I stopped counting when I hit the 300 mark.

I still pick up a few here and there from places like Brownells and I'll grab some of the Magpul PMAGs when they are available.

Like I said, I'm sick...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
I currently have only 20, mostly Colt mags. I plan on getting some pmags just don't have the funds yet.

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
It certainly doesn't hurt to have extra mags, if the Democrats get the White House it will be almost a certainty that they will bring back an assault weapons bill, probably more restrictive than the last one. Hopefully they will grandfather any mags you already own, in the old one you could buy replacement springs and followers, or magazine bodies, a more restrictive one might eliminate that, so the ones you have might be it, and you would need extras to make sure you had enough to carry you through.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It's really nice that Magpul is about an hour from me.. can't wait for the Masada.. I won't camp for damn Harry Potter tickets, but I'll be there with my tent and some marshmallows when a date is released..

Nearly forgot.. 2 20rd mags.. 10 Magpul standard, 10 windowed.. 2 beta C drums

·
Registered
377 Posts
Uhh, 5. But at least one is a PMAG.

·
Registered
464 Posts
15 30's 1 10rd. Jeez! Looks like I'm a slacker here.. (but there is a gunshow in town today) :wink:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts