MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have replaced your guide rod/spring assembly and what are you using? what caliber, spring weight and ammo are you regularly shooting? What have you found that it ha done for you?

Also, what would be your top modifications for the M&P pistol? Lets say top 3?

·
Registered
692 Posts
M&P40c, stock spring and rod.

165 gr. hard cast RN. Iwas running 4.2 gr. of Red Dot but I am switching to Win 231 and have not found the right load yet.

Here is my list of mods in order of priority.

1. Trigger job

2. Night sights

3. Stipple job

Money beeing a little tight means that I have accomplised 1 and 3 as they required no cash out lay.

Check out the FAQ http://mp-pistol.com/boards/viewforum.php?f=8

·
Registered
692 Posts
Re: Trigger

BC84 said:
Just out of curiosity what specifically do you not like about the current trigger.

It was gritty and had way to much over travel for me. The double reset was also slightly annoying. All in all it wasn't horrible right out of the box and the grittyness would have went away with break in. But, since it is an easy DIY mod and I love to tinker, I went for it. I did not remove any material from the sear/striker contact area. Just polished everything and reshaped the striker block safety and the sear cam to eliminate overtravel and smooth things out. This also eliminated the double reset. It also decreased the trigger pull slightly but that was not the primary goal.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Top 3 mods on the M&P?

1. Trigger job (primarily to remove double reset but improve everything else while at it)

2. 10-8 rear sight with trijicon inserts

3. Stipple trigger face

4. Polish feed ramp and chamber

I know, that was four. I did not put them in order of importance as I cannot prioritize and will get them all done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts