MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just can't afford to buy a bunch of ammo right now. I have about 200 rounds through my .40 Compact so far. I have not had any problems at all. The trigger is smoothing out. I love this gun!!

I should have a Comp-tac Infidel for it today (
), to tide me over until I get my leather holster.

Ron

·
Registered
367 Posts
choochboost said:
So how are those compacts holding up? Am I the only one who buys a gun and puts several hundred rounds through it within the first week or two to make sure its functioning well?
no you are not! I have put 450 rounds through my MP9c in 8 days. I haven't had much time to go to the range though. Would have liked to put about 600 through it so far. I have only had one return to battery failure (not FTF) on round #5 and one follower got stuck as I was loading a mag once. Pretty minor problems for field stripping a lubing after 100 rounds instead of at the beginning.
I haven't disassembled and cleaned the mags yet either.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Today is the second day I've had my 40C. I put 50 rounds of Speer 180 gr. Gold Dots through it last night and another 50 of the same today. Only 100 rounds so far, but by weeks end, I'll probably be up to 300 or so. I shoot in my laundry room, so it's easy to pop off a bunch when I feel like it. This gun is awesome! 8)

·
Registered
367 Posts
another 162 tonight with no problems other than my crappy shooting :roll: thats 612 in 9 days. :twisted:

·
Registered
111 Posts
I put 700 rounds through my 40 within 2 weeks of owning it. All of that was done with NO cleaning or lubing, and I had no failures of any type. I added just a couple drops of oil and I am now up to 880.

Don't worry, it has been thoroughly cleaned and lubed since then.

·
Registered
367 Posts
I think I'm up to 890 now, something like 8 different brands, no failures since round #5. I could post up my spreadsheet that totals rounds if anyone else is dorky enough to use it. I made it so you can have totals by the month, type of ammo, etc. Message me if anyone wants a copy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I must have at least 1800 thru my 9c and the only problem I had within the first few hundred was two (2) FTE. I clean the ejector arm groove very well now whith the aid of a toothpick and it has not acted up since. I shoot WWB and man is that some dirty stuff but it is fun cleaning.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I bought another box of Blaser Brass 180 gr to shoot Sunday, but my mother in law fell and we spent Saturday and Sunday in the hospital. Man I wanted to shoot. I am still at about 250 rounds through mine.

Ron

1 - 20 of 21 Posts