MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few months ago I went out and bought my second firearm, a Sig Mosquito .22 for about $380 - which I believe was MSRP.

I'm not really in love with it and was thinking of getting rid of it but, having never sold or traded in a used gun I'm not sure what kind of an offer I should expect or accept

I've fired a total of 250 rounds through it and its otherwise in brand new condition.

I know the store will offer me two prices: One if I out right sell it for cash and another, better price, if I'm trading it for another firearm in their store.

What two prices do you think are reasonable? How low of an offer is acceptable? I'm not desperate to sell and I'd rather keep the gun then get ripped off.

Thanks for your thoughts!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
micah said:
I know the store will offer me two prices: One if I out right sell it for cash and another, better price, if I'm trading it for another firearm in their store.
In my limited experience most gun shops will offer you about half what they think they can sell it for if you do an outright sale. Or about $50-75 less than they can sell it for if you up for sale on consignment. Realize that it might take months to sell on consignment. I've never done a trade so I have no clue what the going rate is. As for actual numbers I can't help you but here's a link to a used one at a local dealer.

http://www.turners.com/shop/gundetail.php?id=2782

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Forgot to mention GunsAmerica.com

I love to barter. I have done alot of it in the convenience of my own home on the trusty Computer. I have had 11 guns this last year from doing so. You can try your local CraigsList.com, BackPage.com AR15.com, TheFiringLine.com etc. Alot of FS/FT sections there.

My wife hated when I was doing that.....lol Good luck to you, and have a blast!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Omally said:
What don't you like about it?

I bought it because I had been wanting a .22 (to save on ammo costs) and then I saw an add for the Sig P229 Equinox and wanted a sig so bad (but didn't have the money for one). Then I put 2 and 2 together (no pun intended) and impulsively bought the mosquito.

Its not a bad gun (although I've heard it has problems if you don't use the right ammo) its just that, despite the fact the .22 is cheaper to shoot - i enjoy making bigger holes w/ my M&P 9

That and, 3 months after the fact, I still haven't paid off the credit card I bought the sig with.

So its just a little buyer's remorse.

·
Registered
100 Posts
If you want to get rid of it quick and its in 98% condition (which it should be from only 250 .22's) Gander give you 70% of its value cash, and once in awhile you can find a bonus $25 gift card for trade in's.

I think all .22 semi's are picky with the ammo. My Walther P22 is on & off all the time. How could you have only shot it 250 times? I think I shot 130-150 rd today in about 30 mins.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How could you have only shot it 250 times? I think I shot 130-150 rd today in about 30 mins.
LOL. Now that I think about it, it might only be 200 rounds.

when I bought it, they gave me "free range time" so I grabbed a 100 pack of ammo but didn't have a lot of time and the store's dirty indoor range was hot and making me feel sick, so I only put 50 rounds through it and went home.

The closest range to me is about 35 minutes away and a bit pricey so I don't go all that often. A few months after buying the .22 I went to the range and finished off the other 50 rounds from that first 100 pack and burned through another box (of 100) so that makes only 200 shots fired through it.

The other thing is I only have one 10-round magazine for the sig and I'm left handed so the assist is backwards and its a PITA to load every 10 shots. I had my M&P (and upLula loader) so I gave it a bit more attention :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts