MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much more would I get if I sell a gun than trade it in? I'm thinking about trading in one of my M&Ps for a 1911 and was wondering how much I could expect to get. Anyone have any experiences trading in like new guns? Is it usually a set percentage they take off?

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
My experience is that a gun shop will probably give you $75-$100 less than what you could sell it for yourself. But it wouldn't hurt to take your gun in and ask what they would give for it on trade. You can always say, "No, thank you." Then sell it yourself.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Just as you get less trading in a car instead of selling it yourself, the gun shop has to make a profit too. I think they offered me $300 for my USP... I said no thanks! :roll:

You'll be better off selling it yourself, or just saving a little longer and keeping both.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Generally, trading guns is similar to trading cars. If youre trading for Yugo, youre not going to get much of a decent price. If youre trading on a Beemer, you may have better luck simply cause the dealers margins are more. I have found that I can get somewhere around $200 less than full retail.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts