MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, I have a full-sized M&P9 M2.0 slide, and was looking to buy this exact frame pictured below to complete my gun.
The frame is stripped, and I'd like to know what parts I would need to complete it.
How available are the miscellaneous parts other than the trigger assembly, which seem to be common all over ebay and aftermarket?
Thanks!

·
Registered
25 Posts
i am absolutely not the last word on this and most people here would probably be more knowledgeable than I am.

I am however a computer pro with over 20 years of learning internet research. I recently bought a 2.0 in 45 acp and have spent untold hours scavenging every scrap of information I can find on this pistol.

Apart from like an Apex trigger kit and stuff like mags and back plates, I've seen a couple slide lock bars and I think somebody had a lock block assembly for an og M&P.

Also some aftermarket slides and barrels.

Somebody can correct me if I'm wrong, but I would have to guess that there will be some parts that will be very difficult to find on their own.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Now that I think of it, I think I saw some striker related stuff somewhere too. Seems to me, and again, I could be wrong, that hunting down everything you would need for a complete build like this, including shipping from a bunch of different places, would cost more than a new gun. Even if it could be done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m considering buying an 9C to poach the complete upper. Would you be interested in buying the lower? I only need the upper.
I've got a M&P9 M2.0 slide, would the 9C lower work on mine without modification? Would you be selling a complete lower?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay. FFL won't be a problem of course. So, do you have a picture of exactly what you got? I can't buy sight unseen. What is the asking price as well, please. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Okay. FFL won't be a problem of course. So, do you have a picture of exactly what you got? I can't buy sight unseen. What is the asking price as well, please. Thanks
I haven’t purchased it yet. It was a feeler. I’m not sure what the asking price would be. I’d be willing to split the purchase with you. My LGS has a 9C 2.0. They’re asking $499 so after tax it should be around $550. So $275. I’ll cover shipping and you can take it from there. I’ll include an invoice showing tax paid so you wouldn’t have to pay additional tax.

if you’d like to move forward with this arrangement lmk and I’ll forward you my contact details.

·
Registered
5 Posts
OR.... an even simpler way to do this would be you source the 9C 2.0 and I’ll split it with you. All I need is the complete upper, I.e, complete slide, barrel and recoil spring assembly.

That would ease the process a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OR.... an even simpler way to do this would be you source the 9C 2.0 and I’ll split it with you. All I need is the complete upper, I.e, complete slide, barrel and recoil spring assembly.

That would ease the process a bit.
Do you actually think I'd do that?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it's pretty clear that I don't know what I'm talking about. I just found a guy on Ebay with a great history who has tons of Smith and Wesson factory parts for both the og and M2.0 generation M&P handguns.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Now that I think of it, I think I saw some striker related stuff somewhere too. Seems to me, and again, I could be wrong, that hunting down everything you would need for a complete build like this, including shipping from a bunch of different places, would cost more than a new gun. Even if it could be done.
Where did you get that fream
Gents, I have a full-sized M&P9 M2.0 slide, and was looking to buy this exact frame pictured below to complete my gun.
The frame is stripped, and I'd like to know what parts I would need to complete it.
How available are the miscellaneous parts other than the trigger assembly, which seem to be common all over ebay and aftermarket?
Thanks!

View attachment 17881
View attachment 17882
View attachment 17883
View attachment 17884
Where did you get that frame?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a compact 4” stripper lower frame and built it pc by pc. More of the parts i got from ebay as the prices were cheaper. If you want to upgrade parts there are plenty of aftermarket for that also.

There are schematics online with exploded views to see all the parts.

I have most of the factory parts accept for a performance center complete sear block and my slide is a full size 4.25” milled for rmr with a Holosun. I polished up the trigger bar, and slide lock lever so that everything works smooth. I bought a wood burning kit and also stippled the frame. Lots of cool stuff you can do to make then fit and shoot smooth. The 2.0 trigger is much improved but the take up is a mile long. I may replace it with Apex or just modify it and reduce the take up. I also chose to skip the saftey, i can always add it later. Good luck with your build!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts