MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to remove the striker and plunger to finish up the trigger job; but I am stuck with the end cap. Can someone tell me the trick to taking the tension off the end cap and sliding it off. I have the basic pictures but I cannot for the life of me get it to slide off.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
The important thing is getting the white striker sleeve pushed toward the front of the pistol. This is the step that is not immediately apparent from the take-down link. When the pressure is off the end cap, it will slide right off. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have a trick with how you pushed it towards the front. Is there a location where a well placed punch will do the trick. Also I have already noticed a huge improvement with the reset; but where does the majority of the weight reduction come from?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Between the striker and the slide you can see a white sleeve. I usually use a straight pick tool and just shove that forward a bit. In regards to weight reduction, there are many mods that take this down. Your best bet would be to talk to the man himself, Mr. Burwell. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts