MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got done shooting a friends M & P .40 and all I can say is WOW! I saw one in a local gun shop as a kit with a holster, 2 x-tra mags (3 total), mag case, different palm grips, case, etc for $600 cash. I was thinking about it a little and the price was dropping by the minute and the guy was also going to throw in 3 boxes of ammo too! I'm sure I'll find the answer somewhere on this board but is that a good deal or should I wait till the next gun show rolls around?? The one I shot was an incredible feeling firearm. In fact, it was the first semi auto I have ever fired. I have been a tried and true wheel gun guy for the realibility factor and ease of maintaining, but since I have played with the M & P .40, I think I'll need to add one to the collection soon.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Welcome! There has been some talk on here related to those package deals like that... seems like a decent deal. i paid $540 (including tax) out the door for my M&P40, so to me 600 isnt a bad price. But i know you can find the 40cal at budsgunshop for around 400 at times, and you can buy yourself an extra mag and holster for under the 200 dollar difference. I would recommend shoping around a little before you jump on that deal.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Howdy, I have the same name
! And I live less than two hours south of you.

I think a lot of it would depend on what kind of holster it is. Mag case?

I got mine from budsgunshop.com for $369, with shipping and FFL it totaled to be about $440.

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as the holster went, it was a polymer belt holster. Not sure of the brand name since there weren't any markings on it. The saleman said they range from $35-$50 bucks and the mag case which attaches to your belt and holds 2 mags also was $25-$35. Everything came in a molded case.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome.

Sounds like it's the LE kit. They're harder to find, but I think $500-550 would be a more fair price for what you get.

M&P's are pretty easy to find for $450 on gunbroker. So you'd be paying $150 for a mag, a Smith holster and a Smith mag holster, but they should all have the M&P logo on them. I've never held the Smith stuff, but most of the "FREE" stuff feels cheap. For that same $150 you could get 3 mags and a Blackhawk holster. Or for $160 you could get 3 mags, a Fobus or Uncle Mike's mag holster and a Fobus or Uncle Mike's gun holster.

I like Fobus. When in doubt, I buy stuff made in Israel. They've been under direct and constant attack for a long time. Their stuff has to work.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts