MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S&W 3rd gen. pistols (4006, 4013, 4506, 457, 3913, etc) have all been fairly kind to the brass. How are the M&P pistols doing in this regard? Are the barrels pretty much "fully supported" in the feed ramp area? (I had to put after market barrels in all of my Glocks to keep them from bulging out the brass.) Are the case mouths taking a beating during ejection? Any other weirdness noted with M&P fired brass? Thanks.

·
Site Staff
9,606 Posts
I haven't noticed the brass to be beat up, I'm a reloader so the brass gets picked up, cleaned and inspected after firing.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
The M&P is easy on brass. The chamber is fully supported; and the extractor barely scratches the case rim.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
The chamber is fully supported but lage. gives a wee bit of a bulge to the brass all around, but not bad. Extractor appears to go easy on the case as well. All in all, better than average IMO.

Certainly way better than glock brass.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I finally went out and bought a M&P40 and checked out the fired case that came with the pistol. It looks no worse than the brass from my other .40 cal pistols (including the Glocks with aftermarket barrels). I'm gonna keep my M&P fired brass separate and see how it works out in the Dillon. I'll post a note with my results in a couple of weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts