MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, My Dillon arrived today and I'm looking at all the boxes and wondering what I've gotten into. I watched the tape a couple times and spent the better part of the afternoon trying to get the garage situated so I can have room to set it up.

I was wondering if the very high temp's and humidity here in central FL will have a negative effect on the loading process? Will it mess up the powder, etc? If it does....then I'm up a **** creek without a paddle because I sure wont load in the house.

What the weather?

Any of you guys in the Orlando area with a Dillon?

Jim

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Just make sure you store the powder properly when done, don't leave it in the powder measure!

·
Registered
293 Posts
I don't reload, but being an O-Towner, I know of humidity ...

Consider getting an inexpensive dehumidifier. In fact a simple window A/C unit will do a bang-up job of dehumidifying a small room and is always a plus for summer here in Central FL.

Let me know how it all goes!

·
Registered
341 Posts
LOL .... I felt the same way when I got all the boxes in the house and opened. I just stood there lookin at it thinking to myself that I've gotten way in over my head.

It took me 2-3 days to get everything set up right, but I was also being picky about my die settings trying to it the way I wanted right down to the 0.01" mark. But it still took 2 days after work (so about 12 hours total) just to set up the machine itself. Once you start everything does fall into place though.

The best I can say is grab the instructions and read them over before you start. Then keep then right next to you and follow everything step by step. As you go thru it everything wll start making sence and you'll gain a detailed understanding of the machine & it's operation .... you'll also realize it's not as complicated as it looks. When you'r all done and look at it all set up you'll be happy with yourself & realize there seems to be a LOT more box then there is reloader LOL

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
New Dillon 550B

greatzippy, Hope your right buddy, I haven't had a chance to do much out in the shop since my daughter came home to visit for a few days, so we're busy running around doing stuff to entertain her. She really likes to go shooting with dad when here so we hit the range a couple of times and go through several hundred rounds of 9's and 380's.

I did open all the boxes and read instruction sheets, etc. and have a sturdy folding table I'm going to mount the press on. I ordered the Dillon Stroun Mount Kit so the press will be above the table throughout it's cycle. I thought that would be handy.

Hopefully I can get it setup by this weekend.

I've got a heck of a lot of stuff I need to understand how they work. lol Like the quick change conversions kits and so. Cartridge luber, viborater to clean shells, etc., This is all new to me.

It'll take some time, but I'll get it and end up with some nice loads at a savings.

I'll keep you updated.

Jim

·
Site Staff
9,615 Posts
coltman1985 said:
Just make sure you store the powder properly when done, don't leave it in the powder measure!
Absolutely!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts