MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will I have to pay shipping? Can I get them to throw in some freebies? Not trying to sound like I feel I am "owed" but if I have to get a new pistol permit I have to take half a day off work, spend about 10 bucks in gas and then the hassle of going to the ffl again....all things I should not have to do again.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
No you will not have to pay for shipping. Call S&W tomorrow and they will take care of the rest!

Can you post a picture of the crack?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Damn, that really sucks choover. Can you tell us what ammo you were putting through it at the time?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Not to offend anybody here.... But every day I read the problems with their M&P's makes me glad I searched different venues for carry.

I hope they fix it quickly for you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will get a picture up tomorrow afternoon after tech support gets back in town ( my wife), and I was using WWB in the gun, it did not happen during the firing session, I cleaned it, put it away, brought it out a few days ago to show my brother and all was well... I had him talked into buying one... then today I brought it out to get a picture of it and when I opened the case there was the crack..2 weeks after shooting it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
TexanAviator said:
Not to offend anybody here.... But every day I read the problems with their M&P's makes me glad I searched different venues for carry.

And I suppose you don't think they had the same problems with Glocks in the first two years they were out?? Since you have decided to go back to your beloved Glocks why don't you stop the sniping on the M&P's on the M&P forum.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Tex, I have 1500+ rounds through my M&P40 in the past eight months, and have had absolutely no problems. Does that make you want to buy something else also, or does my experience not count?

You hear problems on here a lot because that is the nature of a forum. How many forums have to checked out and/or joined because you had a problem with something you bought? Car trouble? Power tools? If people aren't complaining about a product, they're satisfied.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I am sorry to hear about the crack... S&W will make it right..

I have over 3000rds in my M&P40 and it has serial # MPA4xxx.. It shoots perfectly.. Not a single problem... To me, buying a gun is like buying a car, stove, TV, etc.. You can produce 10,000 nice products and still end up with 20 or so bad ones... How many people buy a car and have a some problem with it.. They take it to the dealership, get it fixed, and don't have a problem with it until it falls apart like 300k miles later.. Just do the same with your M&P... Don't let this problem get you down..

Again, I am sorry to hear about the crack..

Ben

·
Registered
5 Posts
and if you think about the nature of the polymer process that they use to make the frames, all it takes is a little void to create a weak spot - it's amazing with the amount manufactured that there aren't more, but I've heard smith has scellent customer service - I'm sure you'll be well taken care of - good luck!

·
Registered
42 Posts
BTW, you don't have to go to your FFL to send it back...since it's your personal gun going back to the manufacturer for repairs, it's perfectly legal to send it yourself via Fed Ex (my preference) or UPS -- though their hubs are always best (over their Kinko-type outlets).

·
Registered
422 Posts
JohnN said:
[quote name='TexanAviator']Not to offend anybody here.... But every day I read the problems with their M&P's makes me glad I searched different venues for carry.

And I suppose you don't think they had the same problems with Glocks in the first two years they were out?? Since you have decided to go back to your beloved Glocks why don't you stop the sniping on the M&P's on the M&P forum.[/quote]

yeah.. stop trolling.

·
Registered
207 Posts
nikon777 said:
[quote name='JohnN'][quote name='TexanAviator']Not to offend anybody here.... But every day I read the problems with their M&P's makes me glad I searched different venues for carry.

And I suppose you don't think they had the same problems with Glocks in the first two years they were out?? Since you have decided to go back to your beloved Glocks why don't you stop the sniping on the M&P's on the M&P forum.[/quote]

yeah GTF out.. stop trolling.[/quote]

Hahaha, so I decided to go another way for carry and I am a troll? I still take my M&P to EVERY range trip I go to. It is a sweet shooter, but each and every one of my pistols/rifles has a purpose. It just happens to be that I PERSONALLY do not trust it (as much as) I trust other pistols that again (IMO) do the job better..... AGAIN, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION. Not really a big deal for you guys to get your panties in a wad about, everybody is different and that is what makes this place interesting....

I have been called out, and mocked not only here, but in other threads created after this one..... I have not disrespected any single person on this forum, and I have been nothing but kind and helpful (when I can)

Let's try to show some maturity fellas.

·
Registered
178 Posts
TexanAviator said:
Hahaha, so I decided to go another way for carry and I am a troll? I still take my M&P to EVERY range trip I go to. It is a sweet shooter, but each and every one of my pistols/rifles has a purpose. It just happens to be that I PERSONALLY do not trust it (as much as) I trust other pistols that again (IMO) do the job better..... AGAIN, IN MY PERSONAL OPINION. Not really a big deal for you guys to get your panties in a wad about, everybody is different and that is what makes this place interesting....

I have been called out, and mocked not only here, but in other threads created after this one..... I have not disrespected any single person on this forum, and I have been nothing but kind and helpful (when I can)

Let's try to show some maturity fellas.

I think he is right guys. Just because he doesn't want to trust an MP for carry and prefers to carry something else should not be a problem for anyone. He hasn't attacked anyone, he hasn't called anyone a name, he hasn't used any obscenities....so what's the problem? What happened to Freedom of Speech anyway? Everybody does not have to agree that the MP is perfect. My MP40 has been perfect so far in 400 rounds but I will still not trust it as my daily carry gun....mainly because there ARE some problems with the MP that need to get worked out. What I carry on a daily basis is nobody's business anyway. I still love the MP...it has the promise of being the finest polymer gun out there....but it will take some time to achieve perfection. Lighten up!

·
Registered
59 Posts
If they do replace the frame / grip - part that has the serial number on it - they can give you the same # back - I know several people that have had problem guns (not M&Ps) replaced under warranty - and they all got the same serial number as the gun that was replaced.

If they did change your serial number - then they would also be required to send the gun to a FFL holder - not directly back to you - that would suck.

Ask them to keep the number the same!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I carry an HK USP Compact as my daily carry for two reasons: Double/Single and a Mechanical safety. I carry in my pocket and it makes me more comfortable that I wont accidentally blow my bollocks off

As for the M&P there are probably thousands of people who have fired 1000+ rounds without stoppage just like I have.

To say its a BAD firearm is just absolutely false.

Some pistols have issues but you're a fool if you havent run AT LEAST 500 rounds if not 1000 through the weapon before you trust your life to it.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
nikon777 said:
[quote name='JohnN'][quote name='TexanAviator']Not to offend anybody here.... But every day I read the problems with their M&P's makes me glad I searched different venues for carry.

yeah.. stop trolling.[/quote]

Thats pretty sad for the amount of time texanavaitor has been a member and his thread count should tell you not only is he a resource but also very easy to get info from.. I have recieved help from him more than some people (look at the quote) and everyone hounds him how many people on this forum have more than a S&W firearm are we gonna single some site supporters out cuz they have different firearms. I graduated High school a while ago thanks dont need the memories...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts