MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing all the pics of everyone's stippling jobs, I just had to do my 40c!

I stippled one of my mag sleeves also. The kydex definitely takes a different touch with soldering iron!

I chose to use a random pattern on the grip and horizontal stripes on the frame and trigger guard. I may not even have to order a new back strap!

EDIT: New pics

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
i might just have to get some extra back straps now!! I really like your gun, turned out very nice imo.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
good work

I will be getting a soldering iron pretty soon and will be experimenting as well, if mine turns out half as good as yours I would be pleased real good job-Jason

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I like it...

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
I highly recommend NOT stippling the bottom of the trigger guard where your middle finger rests..

Just a tip.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jester said:
I highly recommend NOT stippling the bottom of the trigger guard where your middle finger rests..

Just a tip.

I see what you're talking about. I'll see how it feels at the next range trip.

It shouldn't be a problem to mill the area smooth if it is too uncomfortable.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Re-work

Well, I hit the range today. After 200 rounds, the only thing that needs retouched is the trigger.

There is just one very sharp spot right at the tip that needs smoothed out.

I could feel the stippling under the trigger guard but it wasn't irritating at all.

All in all, I am extremely happy with the results. I don't think my grip could shift no matter how sweaty my hands get!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts