I'll have pics up later today...

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It all started with watching the wedding planner on TBS with the wife. I was so interested in the movie that I had to think of something to do.... So I got the bright idea to get out the soldering iron:

I had done my other backstrap on my fullsize and figured that I can do it on the compact. 3$ part, no biggie:

I then looked, and the grip tool looked like it needed done:

Then I thought "hey, I like the forward thumb and finger position done also" so there it went:

This is where I got carried away, and it all went wrong.... I went on to texturing the mag base:

And the agony, I now have little scratches all over my brand new compact, I'm horrified! It stays in my hand so well I can't stand it. My frame is ruined, and it only took 1 hour!

My Girls:

Gotcha!!!

:wink:

Its not as deep as my Bowie 40, but its just as sticky..

sorry guys, I just had to get ya.. I love that lil 40, but its dirty as a hog now, and needs cleaned.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Looks great buddy! You had us all worried here, oh and The Wedding Planner......lol Great movie.......NOOOOOT......lol

Nice work Jester 8)

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gotta keep the suspense going in here...

·
Registered
104 Posts
You're a week early, April 1st is next Sunday. Just because they moved daylight savings time, doesn't mean the whole calendar changed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Kids, don't try this at home, He is a trained Professional!

Looks good, Jester. If you want more practice, I'll "let" you try your hand on my 40c!

Todd

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you describe your technique for this stippling effect? Are you following the already established pattern on the gun our are just drawing the tip over this?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts