MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I took more work than just soaking it for 30 min and rubbing it off with my fingers that makes it look light brass color.(like 1st pic) I used metal polish and my dremel to get it looking good. Hope it won't rust I coated it good with Rem oil.

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
It looks good.. Real easy to do too huh??? I used rem oil too until I got my weapon shield that is gun butter (mmm butter). I am glad I found out and did that to mine..

·
Registered
673 Posts
jmr said:
Isn't the barrel made of stainless steel or is the slide only in stainless?

I believe that the barrel is through hardened stainless...

I like the gold look before it was polished, that would go good with an olive body. 8)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Maybe this is naive BUT does this effect the warranty in any way?

·
Registered
249 Posts
OK- I havn't heard about this yet! Give me more details please- looks great by the way. 8)

·
Registered
54 Posts
how could this possibly NOT be bad for the metal?! I;ve seen vinegar do some intense things in High school science projects!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks I will check them out!

·
Registered
54 Posts
ok after reading through those links I feel a little less weary about the process... but the barrel and the slide are NOT parts of the gun I'd want to possibly weaken!

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
tamworth said:
ok after reading through those links I feel a little less weary about the process... but the barrel and the slide are NOT parts of the gun I'd want to possibly weaken!

I have fired 300-400 rounds after I did that and no hiccups whatsoever. In my eyes it works and plan on doing that with my next gun too.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Good to know- I might just have to try it out when I get a chance. :wink:

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Rocket35 said:
Good to know- I might just have to try it out when I get a chance. :wink:

I am fully confident in this method.... try it out and post some pics brother
:wink:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I love the two tone look. I want to get some other mods done too. I'll be sending it to Burwell or Bowie as soon as I can to get rid of my 10# MA trigger down to around 5# and beaver tail removed.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I don't think it will harm the barrel other than removing the Mellonite protection (such as it is). I don't imagine S&W will honor the warranty thats enough reason for me not to do it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts