MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone! I just thought I'd share this story with everyone.

I am home in North Carolina visiting my parents for the Holiday's and had planned to go shooting with my father. Now, My father has ALWAYS been a revolver guy. He has 2 .38 specials, and carries a small .22 magnum 6 shooter that fits in the palm of his hand... it's his motorcycle carry weapon. My mother has a Taurus ultra lightweight no profile hammer .38, and she carries that in her purse.

Well one of the first topics of conversation when i got home was that my dad was looking to carry something that packed a little more punch. He also said he was looking to MAYBE try out some semi-auto pistols. I think this was brought on because I let him hold my fully loaded fullsize 9mm M&P (18 rounds) in one hand, while he held my mothers ultra lightweight titanium .38 revolver while it was fully loaded (6 rounds). My gun wieghed the exact same weight, if not less... he honestly could not tell the difference.

He said he wanted to be able to conceal it, whatever he bought next, and that's when i told him about the M&P compact. He seemed particularly interested in the .40 M&P compact. So on a whim, we decided to ride down to a pawn shop that our friend owns. It's nothing big, but he usually has about 9 or 10 guns for sale at any given time.

So we arrive and walk in, and low and behold there is an M&P .40 compact sitting in the glass case. It was previously owned by a local LEO who just didn't like the way it felt in his hand. I inspected the gun, stripped it down to look at the inside of it, and it looked brand new!

The best part of all of this, our friend sold the gun to my father for 400$ out the door! When we got into the car I was inspecting the gun even closer and realized that it had Night Sights on it!

All in all i have to say that is some awesome Christmas magic, lol. For him to find that exact gun sitting there in this quaint little pawn shop, and to get it with night sights at such a killer price... man talk about deal of a lifetime.

I hope everyones Christmas goes as well as ours has been so far. Happy Holidays everyone!

-Cameron

·
Registered
150 Posts
Every now and then something good actually does happen here in Flori-DUH... Congrats on the find and happy holidays to you and your dad...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts