MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a local driver around here and my job doesn't permit weapons at work, in the parking lot or in your vehicles. So here is my story...

I did a run to a house in a pretty nice area of town, guy paid closed the door. I turned to head to my vehicle and a guy popped out from around a bush brandishing a silver pistol, told me to turn around, so i complied. Had over my cash, then he asked me to turn my vehicle off, so i did, then he took my keys, and asked for my wallet. I told him i just need at least my house keys so just throw the keys down the street i'll get them later. At that point he was prolly hauling ass to his car that was parked around the corner. but he did say he would lol. I got a pretty good look at him, and the car he was driving, but when i got my spare out, i couldnt catch up to him (had to pull a u-turn).

Called the cops, but no luck. Now this guy has my wallet, with my id, conceal permit, phone number, and crap that i can't even remember was in there.

Well he never threw my keys nor my wallet, i looked with a buddy for about 4 hours with my fenix light, man that thing is bright.

I have to say through out the whole thing i stood pretty calm, the cop asked me if i had ever been robbed before because i was so cool, and relaxed afterwards. But.. now i worry that maybe i had something in my wallet with my new address..sigh, the stress.

Thats my story, im sure i missed a ton of details, but all he got was $36 bucks, and I still have my health and my life!!

·
Registered
910 Posts
If an employer ever told me I couldn't carry I'd chuckle, and carry anyways. Much rather be able to defend myself against some punk possibly wanting to kill me. You can always find another job if you get fired for carrying. Good luck finding another life.

Sorry to hear it happened to you.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Dude, glad you're alright... i've had that happened to me, which is what drove my desire for a CHL... i've even considered becoming a cop because of it (well, been through more then that.. friend lived in the ghetto).

Really hope they catch the guy... or, you catch him first.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
josh said:
If an employer ever told me I couldn't carry I'd chuckle, and carry anyways. Much rather be able to defend myself against some punk possibly wanting to kill me. You can always find another job if you get fired for carrying. Good luck finding another life.

Sorry to hear it happened to you.

This is why I love Texas:

"Premises" is defined as: a building or portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk, or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area. 46.035.f.3 of the penal code.

boss: "While employed with us, you can not carry a concealed weapon on our premises."

me: "Orly? Sure thing!"

Honestly man, look after yourself and yours first, I think everyone will understand if you carry a weapon to defend yourself when stuff like this happen.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'm grad that you were not hurt. You can always get replacement DL, warret, keys etc, but not on life.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
YukonGlocker said:
[quote name='choochboost']You going to start carrying now?

That is my first question.[/quote]

First, I very happy that you are OK... Second, if you are licensed to carry concealed, CARRY IT...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Change your locks, call the credit card folks. Also, be prepared for a run-around on getting a new DDL/CCW etc. Heard some horror stories about proving you exist.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I carry everyday, just not at work. Its not worth it really, 20-40 bucks isn't worth a shoot out with an idiot.. But I may start riding with my gun untill Im sure he wont be coming around for secounds. Locks are getting changed, I have an alarm on the house so that should sorta help.

Even if i did want to carry the m&p is too big for my work clothes to conceal, so i might get another kel-tec or that new walther pps.

And If i kept my gun in my truck that would do nothing for me, as he got the jump on me before I even saw him.

I am searching for him, I actually think this idiot went to school with me!! So im getting some year books out and looking, I also went through a few areas of town looking for his car. I will find him, and make sure he does his 10 years.

I used to keep a keltec on ankle or pokect and a side holstered weapon all the time, looks like i relaxed too much!!

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wr moore said:
Change your locks, call the credit card folks. Also, be prepared for a run-around on getting a new DDL/CCW etc. Heard some horror stories about proving you exist.

actually it wont be that bad, Im on gorenew.com getting new ddl, i'm not sure what to do about the ccw though.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
mad212 said:
I carry everyday, just not at work. Its not worth it really, 20-40 bucks isn't worth a shoot out with an idiot.. But I may start riding with my gun untill Im sure he wont be coming around for secounds.
Are you aware how close you came to dying? The 20-40 bucks was apparently enough for him to draw on you. At that point its not even about the money anymore. He may not come back for seconds, but you just got a wake up call that this could happen again, unless he is the only punk in your town.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Honestly, this guy had the drop on you. Unless you've trained to draw and shoot on the move ... with moving being heavily emphasized for odds of survival ... you may have done the absolute best thing in this case. I'm definitely not going to Monday Morning Quarterback you.

Anyone who thinks they can outdraw the guy who already had his weapon aimed might want to reconsider the tactics of that decision.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
Broadside said:
Anyone who thinks they can outdraw the guy who already had his weapon aimed might want to reconsider the tactics of that decision.
For the record, I am not suggesting that would be an appropriate response. If the BG has a gun pointed at you, your options are limited, but I prefer to be armed so that given the opportunity I have a chance to defend myself.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Nah, no finger pointing on my part.

I've given this some more thought since I posted earlier and I honestly don't know that I would have done things any differently even had I been armed, unless I saw a clear wide-open opportunity to draw and engage without getting made dead in the process.

Different classes teach different tactics in this sort of situation. There are CQB "moves" that could be used, but if you haven't practiced them in simunitions one-on-one training, chances are you aren't going to be adept enough to really pull them off without getting hurt in the process.

I guess the bottom line is that this fella lived to fight another day, and that's always a good thing in my book. Maybe he learned a thing or two about his own personal situational awareness level and will bump it up a notch from this point forward. Or maybe there's no way he could have really prevented it.

*shrug*

·
Registered
188 Posts
Broadside said:
Honestly, this guy had the drop on you. Unless you've trained to draw and shoot on the move ... with moving being heavily emphasized for odds of survival ... you may have done the absolute best thing in this case. I'm definitely not going to Monday Morning Quarterback you.

I gotta agree with this. Short of throwing your wallet on the ground and hoping he takes his gun off you to get it, I question what could have been done, even if packing.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Carry a throw down wallet along with your gun at all times. Put some expired/fake cards and few bucks in it to give to the criminals. If they don't take the fake wallet and run right away then it it is time to draw and defend yourself as you explode off the X. They don't plan on leaving a witness, you have no other choice than take the chance. If I am going down I am taking him with me.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts