MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm posting for no other reason than to say that I bought my first gun
Yes, it finally arrived. I got to shoot a rental M&P40 last week and tomorrow I will start breaking mine in. I really like this gun, having looked at a lot of different options. Smith & Wesson did a great job on this one!

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
Congrats and welcome into the fold.

Be careful, those things are addicting and tend to multiple :wink:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the welcomes, now that it's official.

m4arc said:
Congrats and welcome into the fold.

Be careful, those things are addicting and tend to multiple :wink:
I tried to get a gun good enough (for me) that I will never really need to upgrade. I would consider a compact version, but I will resist buying a gun for every occasion.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Good luck on holding off on buying another one of these beautiful things. In either case you are going to love it. Have fun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When I was about to buy, I put this gun up against the XD40. I fired about 75 rounds through each gun, going back and forth. The feel of each gun in hand, as well as the feel while firing, had me convinced to get the M&P. I like the XD, but I certainly have no regrets.

I just got back from the range, where I put 320 rounds through the gun. I used a combo of WBB (200), some cheap reloads (100), and some Federal Hydra-shock (20) with no failures. The gun handled very well. My trigger finger is a little sore and my skills need a lot of work, but it was fun.

Bloodnut said:
Helluva good start! Congrats. You have much to look forward to.
Thanks. Yeah, I'd say that I have much practice and learning to look forward to. That's not a problem

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hey, "The rear sight is just the window you look through."

Just something I wish someone had told me when I got my first gun.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts