MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a Shooting Sports Fair at one of our local shooting facilities yesterday and Smith and Wesson was there with samples of all of their handguns. Many other gun companies were also there in full force. It was great fun. It looked like the S&W booth had the most people in line waiting to get their chance to shoot.

I presently have a M&P 9 (and love it!) and have been debating whether to get the 9c or the 40c. I was really excited to get to shoot them both back to back. The 9c is sweet and the 40c is also very nice, just a little sharper recoil. This is the first time I have shot anything in 40s&w. I was expecting a more severe recoil. I found the 40c recoil to not be objectionable at all, and much softer than my 686 4" with mag loads. So I've made up my mind, I will be ordering a 40c soon.

I also took the opportunity to shoot a S&W 460mag. Now there is RECOIL! But I did hit a clay target at 25 yards so the gun definately shoots. I think the noise of the 460 is a big part of the wow experience when it goes off. It was shootable, but the gun is just too big for me to comfortably handle it. Also, the bore axis is really far above the grip on this bad boy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you go to the shooting range in Yorba Linda? I think it's named RAAHAUGES. I took my CCW course there. Great place. Great people.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Nice!

Wow, dad. Too bad I couldn't have come a bit sooner, huh? Sounds like you had a good time and I'm so very thrilled you had the opportunity to shoot the 9c and 40c back to back. I'm completely convinced that the 40c is the option I'll be going with after reading your review.

Much love and see you soon!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes colonel102, Raahauges is the location where the Shooting Sports Fair was held.

It is sponsored by Turners Outdoorsman every year. Raahauges is actually in Norco, but yep that was the place.

I was a very good event. I can't remember all the companys that were there, but here is a list of a few that I do remember. All of the companys had a lot of guns that we could shoot just for the price of the ammo. Plus, they each had a large petting zoo where we could fondle all of their products.

Smith & Wesson

Sig

Beretta

Remington

Ruger

Para

1 - 4 of 4 Posts