MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new around here... Newish to hand guns... And I've put less than 1000 rounds down range with my new M&P 9mm.

So, Last night I go to the range with a friend who hasn't shot in a really long time. We use just my gun... I load the first clip and put them all down range without an issue. He loads a clip and fires off maybe 10 when the gun JAMS. I tell him to put the gun down and I look at it... I can't get the slide to come back at all... really feels like a bad jam... This has never happened to me and I don't really know what to do... I fight with it for several mins... Then I ask a guy who is in the same bay as us (and looks like he "knows" guns) if he has ever seen anything like that, and he says "no". He asks me if he could take a look at it... "Please!"... He fights with it for a second, then grabs the slide firm on the top and gives the grip a good wack with his right... Ping! Phew... I realize that I wasn't "man handling" the gun enough to get the round to pop out. Gun looked fine... we look at the round that was stuck and there was a pretty good nick and deformation around the edge of the shell (bullet had not fired). I'm not sure if the round was like that before it went into the clip (Friend loaded it) or if that happened when the guy popped it out. The gun worked flawlessly the rest of the night. It made me a little worried, but all seems well. Anyone else have issues like this before?

For Reference, the gun was clean and I was using WWB.

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've never had any problem like that. Hell, no problems at all with the M&P. First time to our local indoor range with my M&P9c and my Dad's Kahr PM9 we saw like 6 kid's(read: thugs) all firing the same Glock, and it did the exact thing you mentioned. Except none of them or the range master could fix it. The owner left pretty pissed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm just glad the round came out and there wasn't an issue firing after that... I wish I would have saved the round... but they had a bucket there for those.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts