MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my gf.

Been looking for compact 9mm for her for some time now, and it came down to S&W 3913(Pre TSW), Taurus PT111 Millennium Pro, and Springfield XD9. there were few others i looked at, like J frame, Beretta 84FS Cheetah Nickel plated model, and Ruger KP95PR15 as well.

She didn't like J frame(Well, she don't care for revolver in general), Beretta was 380auto(i truely believe for SD, 9para is minimum - but she did love the nickel finish tho), and KP95 was too big, and ugry( Gents, when girl is buying a gun, how it looks in her purse DOES matter :roll: ).

We voted PT111 out due to lack of decocker, and its mushy trigger. decocker is not must have, but we figured its nice added feature specially when she sticks it in her pourse. I hear great thing about Taurus, but the trigger was just garbage in my opinion. did love the small size however.

XD9 was little on bigger then others. I personally likes them. Infact i think I'll buy one in 45acp sometime in future.

So we got 3913. Its not LS version, and its pre TSW(tapered dust cover. not one with rail). And interestingly enough, both Eric(Gunstore owner) and I felt that they are perhaps some of the ugriest gun ever made, yet my GF thought its the nicest looking gun that fits her hand good enough that she can pull DA trigger.

But I read many article swears that they are some of the best compact 9mm DA/SA auto ever made. So we'll see. I'm hoping to pick it up this sat after i get paid.

·
Registered
191 Posts
You will like the 3913. I have big hands so I like the double stack version 6946 it has no failed me ever.

Here is a pic.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha mine don't have mag like that.... where do i get mag like that?

·
Registered
191 Posts
mity2 said:
ha mine don't have mag like that.... where do i get mag like that?

You might be able to get a different mag base. The one you see is for the double stack version and they came with the gun. :wink:

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, i was gonn await few weeks to payit off, but could not resist. got paid, so i picked it up!

I cleaned it up, and played with it with dummy round in it, and i can't help but to think how good this ugry little gun really is! Almost perfect balanced, easy to carry. only thing i could ask for is may be little more then 8rds. But single stack is what makes this gun so easy to carry. can't wait to take it out to shoot!

·
Registered
167 Posts
It's a really nice little gun, I really loved it. I traded it for my m&p when I got it. I had a set of houges on it and it really fit me well, the only thing about it was that it was a single stack, hence it had to go. Have fun with it, mine never failed to go bang...5000 times of bang in a short time. Not to be nosy, but how much did you have to give for your little gem. I gave about 360 for mine with a box shot through it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mine was $339 in box with 3 mags.

One of mag has curved bottom plate, and others are just flat one. I'd like to get just curved plate from S&W, and I sent 2 message out to ask about it, and never got anything back from them...

Being single stack 8rds - While certainly a disadvantage compared to M&P's 17rds, it makes it so nice to conceal it. Even tho I got it for my GF, and she does shoot it when we go out to the range, i've found myself slipping this little baby in my back pocket over M&P more and more these days...

·
Registered
73 Posts
mikenkansas said:
I like my 3953, just like a simple camera............. point and shoot

I too have a 3953, the DAO variant of the 3913.

Great gun. I bought it in 1991 as my first CCW gun.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Picked up it's cousin this weekend, a 3914, LNIB, likely a cop trade-in sometime in the past. Spect I best be getting down to wally world to pick up about 4 boxes of 9mm to play with. I like some of wally world's boxes, they hold 250 rounds :))))

·
Registered
281 Posts
Well, i was gonn await few weeks to payit off, but could not resist. got paid, so i picked it up!

I cleaned it up, and played with it with dummy round in it, and i can't help but to think how good this ugry little gun really is! Almost perfect balanced, easy to carry. only thing i could ask for is may be little more then 8rds. But single stack is what makes this gun so easy to carry. can't wait to take it out to shoot!

hey are you interested in selling that? i will buy that. i need something to replace my full size m&p9. let me know. i will pay anything.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts