MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day at the range I was shooting my m&p .45 nad a couple of times I pulled the trigger and nothing happened. So I released the trigger and pressed again and it fired , so I just when on figuring that I just did not reset the trigger.

A little while later I pulled the trigger and nothing happened so I released the trigger and it fired. I thought is cool a release trigger on a pistol. I kept on shooting and pretty soon it quit firing at all.

I took the pistol back to my shop and took it apart and found that the corner of the sear had broken off.

I thought that was pretty strange but I dropped in a new sear and went back to the range no more problems. It looked like it was a casting flaw.

Mike

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
5-600 rounds or so no dry fire

serial MRR35xx

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
mike benedict said:
5-600 rounds or so no dry fire

serial MRR35xx

My broken one was on round 101 and is MPR98xx

·
Registered
147 Posts
Does leaving a round in the chamber for long periods of time such as when holstered and being carried have any negative effects on the sear or springs or anything??

·
Registered
495 Posts
Flyin_.45 said:
Does leaving a round in the chamber for long periods of time such as when holstered and being carried have any negative effects on the sear or springs or anything??
no!

·
Registered
419 Posts
This sounds like the problem I had. Mine is MPR07xx. I put about 100-150 live rounds through the gun, and dry fired at least 500 times prior to the problem. First I heard crunching when I pulled the dry firing from reset. The trigger would work intermittent and I thought it was me not allowing it to reset. Then finally it just stopped working and would crunch when i pulled the trigger.

They got my gun last Wed, I got it back today! (Very fast considering the holiday weekend)

They changed the whole sear assembly out.

So far have dry fired this one about 100 times, hopefully the bad sears are small isolated incident.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts