MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm in Jacksonville until Sunday for my little sisters graduation, and in the 12 hours I've seen half a dozen signs for local area gun shops. Tomorrow, weather permitting, i'm hoping to do some more gun related exploring, but thought I might save some time by asking the locals.

Where do people in Jacksonville shoot? I have no toys with me, so I would need somewhere with rentals.

We have a house in Atlantic beach if it matters, but I am willing to travel within a reasonable distance for a good fix

Any help of information you guys/gals could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help!

-S

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Maybe find a FL CCW class to take... it is one of those with widely recognized reciprocity.

http://www.jacksonvi...y.com/Dates.htm

There is a class on Saturday, it is $45... 9 to noon at:

Gander Mountain

13075 City Square Drive

Jacksonville, FL 32218

(904) 714-3557

Reciprocity map

http://www.jacksonvi....com/Course.htm

The course is designed to provide common, every-day people with the complicated laws regarding concealed gun carry and help explain, in laymen terms, how those laws pertain to their rights to own and carry a weapon. The instructor uses a common sense approach to provide the class attendee with the knowledge needed to keep them out of trouble when exercising their rights.

If you are looking for a class that provides you with extensive weapons and tactical training this is not the course for you!

If, however, you are looking for a course that will help you understand your rights provided by Florida State Law and help keep you safe and out of trouble, then this is the course for you.

Even if you never intend to apply for a concealed weapons permit, or never carry a concealed weapon, this course will benefit you. Ninety percent of the information in this class pertains to all gun owners.

Topics Include:

· Reasons to have a concealed weapons permit

· Firearm safety

· Concealed weapon selection

· Practice the way you live

· Where you can and can not carry a concealed weapon

· Carrying a firearm in a vehicle in Florida without a concealed weapons permit

· Carrying a firearm in a vehicle in Florida with a concealed weapons permit

· Use of Force laws

The cost of the course is $45 and includes documentation notarization. Please see our "News You Need" link for additional information regarding your permit delivery times.

http://www.jacksonvi...equirements.htm

All you need to bring to the class is cash, a photo ID and a good attitude. Everything else is provided by the instructor. DO NOT BRING A FIREARM TO THE CLASS.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Do I need to bring my gun to class?

No, DO NOT BRING A FIREARM TO CLASS. All you need to bring is a photo ID. All class materials are provided by the instructor.

How old do I have to be to get a concealed weapons permit?

You must be 21 in order to obtain a concealed weapons permit. However, at age 18 you may be in possession of a handgun but please educate yourself on the laws (ie carrying in a vehcle) to help protect yourself.

Do I need a permit to carry a handgun in my vehicle?

No, but there are many myths and misunderstandings regarding how you may carry a handgun in a vehicle. Please educate yourself on the law.

Do other states honor my concealed weapons permit?

Yes, thirty other states honor you permit, but keep in mind their state laws apply.

How long is my permit good for?

The permit is good for five years and must be renewed at the end of that period. Renewal is a simple process of fee payment and provision of an updated photo. No additional class is required.

Will this class substitute for a Hunter's Education Course?

No, the concealed carry course is not designed to be a substitute for a Hunter's Education Course.

How do I sign up for the class?

Simply call (904) 759-1564 or email us by clicking the contact us link and we will contact you to confirm your enrollment.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks J, not such a bad idea I suppose, but Saturday is pretty un-doable. My current CCW permits carry in FLA, but I flew down on very short notice with only a carry on. My parents drove down last week, which I was unaware of, otherwise I would have sent a care package that would have been waiting for me here, oh well...

Ideally I want a good indoor range with decent rental selections. Let the Googling commence.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Here

http://www.gungalleryjax.com/range.asp

Gun Gallery

10268 Beach Boulevard

Jacksonville, FL 32246-4712

(904) 641-1619 ‎

We have an 8 lane, 15 yard pistol range with electronic target returns. We will accommodate pistol calibers as powerful as .44 magnum. The only long guns we allow are .22lr and 5.7x28. The range fee is $10.50 per visit; please feel free to take your time, there is no time limit.We offer a wide selection of ammunition including factory reloads in most stadard calibers and factory new ammo ball or premium self defense ammo in nearly all calibers. We also carry a selection of paper bulls eye and silhouette targets, as well as Shoot-N-See high visibility targets. We have a good selection of quality eye and ear protection available for sale, or for rent. We allow our range customers to bring their own ammunition, targets, eye and ear protection as well.

Take advantage of our range program. For $10 for the first gun and $5 for any subsequent handgun, you can choose from a wide selection of nearly 30 rental handguns. Customers may only shoot ammunition purchased at the Gun Gallery through Gun Gallery rental guns

Current list of rental guns are:

Sig Sauer Mosquito*

Browning Buckmark*

H&K USP 9SD*

K&K HK45*

Beretta 92FS

Nighthawk Custom GRP ($25)

Springfield Armory TRP

Glock 21

Glock 22 Gen4

Glock 27

Glock 17 Gen4

Glock 19 with optional Crimson Trace Lasergrips

Glock 26

Sig Sauer P250 40 compact

S&W M&P 9 compact

S&W M&P 40 with optional Crimson Trace Lasergrips

S&W M&P 45

Springfield Armory XD 9 subcompact

Springfield Armory XD 45

Springfield Armory XDM 9

Springfield Armory XDM 40

Springfield Armory XDM 45

Walther PK380

Walther PP/S 9

Ruger GP100 4" 357mag

Ruger LCR 38spl

Ruger Redhawk .44mag

S&W 642 with Crimson Trace laser grips

FNH PS90 with Aimpoint H-1 Micro ($20)

S&W M&P15-22 with red dot sight*

*Available with optional Advanced Armament silencer for $15 extra

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank J - just got back from gun gallery. Ended up there before seeing your post, so clearly great minds think alike!

Range was garbage IMO, but the shop was one of the best I've seen. Took everything I had for me not to walk out with one of the LWRC REPRS they had there. I did however walk out with a new Ares Ranger Belt, which is awesome to say the least! I have never seen such inventory of so many different high end manufactures.

Any how, got my fix, thanks for your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts