MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past couple of days I've talked a couple of folks into buying M&P's. One was the usual at work "which gun for self-defense?" question. I suggested he try a few and the one that felt best. Casually mentioned the ergonomics of the M&P. This morning he told me it felt so much better than the glock, he bought one.

The second was a fellow at the range shooting a glock. Suggested he try my M&P. All I got was a "wow" and a smile.

Probably won't get a range report from buyer one. He has a Redhawk he bought for defense, loaded it and put it in a drawer 25 years ago. The pistol hasn't been fired. Same thing will probably happen to the M&P.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Nice, keep it up...

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
There are at least eight members on m4carbine.net that "blame" me for talking them into trying and buying the M&P :twisted:

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
A number of people who are members at my range have bought M&P's after trying mine. I bought my second .45 at Sportsmen's Warehouse and the sales guy who sold it to me ended up buying one. :wink:

Almost all were converted from Glocks and two from Sigs.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
To a great extent I think it is a matter of fit and feel. I haven't seen anything "wrong" with the glocks, Sig's, XD's and CZ's I've fired. Just happen to like the M&P better, although I would be sorely tempted to buy a CA75 if I came across one when price met mood. The answer to "which one is better" I will leave that never-ending argument to the experts.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Wouldn't "Referral Bonuses" be great? My S&W initiate has gotten rid of two great firearms in exchange for an M&P9 (per my suggestion) and most recently and M&P15 AR. I've created a MONSTER!!!! :twisted:

-B

·
Registered
88 Posts
Boris said:
Wouldn't "Referral Bonuses" be great?

Yeah, something simple like upon confirmation of the purchase, the "salesperson" gets a free magazine or something like that.

I have done the same with both my PX4 and the M&P. When I let people try them out at the range, 9 times out of 10 they purchase one before leaving the store.

The Guinea

·
Registered
27 Posts
My son let me try his M&P40 and the rest as they say is history. Love the gun and it fits me great. Now if I could learn to hit the broad side of a barn, but that is another story.................. LOL!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Steelshooter said:
A number of people who are members at my range have bought M&P's after trying mine. I bought my second .45 at Sportsmen's Warehouse and the sales guy who sold it to me ended up buying one. :wink:

Almost all were converted from Glocks and two from Sigs.

I haven't had the opportunity to be around anyone shooting an M&P .45. Probably a good thing because I might be tempted and I've just had the opportunity to be around my youngest's tuition bill.

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
KennyTX said:
[quote name='m4arc']There are at least eight members on m4carbine.net that "blame" me for talking them into trying and buying the M&P :twisted:

Make that nine.
[/quote]

8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts