MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove the 30 miles to the closest shop with a gunsmith today. It was finally time to drop my old reliable 1911A1 off for a trigger job. And of course while I was there I just had to leave nose prints on the pistol cases. Laying there was a brand new, oh so beautiful Springfield Armory TRP. Laying right next to an even more expensive S&W Performance Center S&W1911. The TRP was love at first sight but I just cannot afford it or at least can't justify spending $1500 on a pistol. It's way out of my budget but my god what a fine pistol. So much sexier in person than it the magazines. I guess maybe it was just the flat mainspring housing but it felt so much more natural in my hand than my 1911A1. You could almost smell the quality. And the trigger was without a doubt the sweetest stock trigger I've ever run across. Of course it's a combat trigger and not a target trigger but it wouldn't take much to lose the extra pound and bring it down to a clean 3.5lbs. I see another 1911 in my future. Probably not a TRP. Too much money. But a quality 1911 of some kind, maybe next year.

·
Site Founder
2,889 Posts
having 2 TRP's and 1 trophy match, I can say I'm right with you...

I suggest keeping an eye on gunbroker, there are good deals there often on near new TRP's

Just wait till they get broken in... My TM has an uncounted amount of rounds in it, and its soooo smooth. TRP's arn't even broken in.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
CDNN regulalry has TRPs show up for about $1k if you are patient.

I have an old style trp operator, and I like it a lot.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Jester said:
having 2 TRP's and 1 trophy match, I can say I'm right with you...

I suggest keeping an eye on gunbroker, there are good deals there often on near new TRP's

Just wait till they get broken in... My TM has an uncounted amount of rounds in it, and its soooo smooth. TRP's arn't even broken in.

How do you like the Trophy Match?

·
Registered
46 Posts
The TRP is just about the point where you get maximum bang for the dollar, at least IMHO. Mine has been dead reliable and will nearly group a magazine into one ragged hole at 25 yards. Around here they go for about $1200 new, and its worth every dime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts