MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning my M&P 40, and lost the dang cap that goes over the spring under the rear sight. Anyone know where I can get another? Brownells doesnt list it as a seperate part.

And yea, I know....dummy me <hangs> I have had this apart several times in the past with no problems.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I always work on that part inside a plastic grocery bag, that way the bag can catch it!! Call S&W customer service!

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Firing Pin Plunger Spacer

Part #27565

Call S&W and order another one. (Better yet, order 2!!!)

800-331-0852

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info, I ordered a couple just in case this happens again.

The customer rep I talked to said there wasnt a part number for these peices, he usually just grabbed a handful off of the assembly line and mailed them out as needed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bradd_D said:
Just curious...why did you feel compelled to clean the plunger, etc.?

I clean each and every part of my weapon after a day at the range. The only thing I have not been able to clean is the extractor assembly, as the damn pin is being a stubborn *******.

And to answer your question more specifically, the plunger was spotless before I went to the range. 400 rounds of WWB, and it was dirty as hell, as was every part of the weapon.

I do this for all my guns, they get fired, they get completly cleaned, except for my varmit rifle, that one gets a snake through the barrell after every critter encounter, and gets a total cleanup either every 6 months or after shooting a a box or two of rounds.

Maybe I take it too far, but I always keep my tools spotless.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Angry_American said:
[quote name='Bradd_D']Just curious...why did you feel compelled to clean the plunger, etc.?

I clean each and every part of my weapon after a day at the range. The only thing I have not been able to clean is the extractor assembly, as the damn pin is being a stubborn *******.

And to answer your question more specifically, the plunger was spotless before I went to the range. 400 rounds of WWB, and it was dirty as hell, as was every part of the weapon.

I do this for all my guns, they get fired, they get completly cleaned, except for my varmit rifle, that one gets a snake through the barrell after every critter encounter, and gets a total cleanup either every 6 months or after shooting a a box or two of rounds.

Maybe I take it too far, but I always keep my tools spotless.[/quote]

I'm just not sure removing the rear sight, which is a friction fit, is such a good idea. I also Loctite my sights in place after zeroing so it wouldn't be prudent for me to do it anyway.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Bradd_D said:
[quote name='Angry_American'][quote name='Bradd_D']Just curious...why did you feel compelled to clean the plunger, etc.?

Maybe I take it too far, but I always keep my tools spotless.[/quote]

I'm just not sure removing the rear sight, which is a friction fit, is such a good idea. I also Loctite my sights in place after zeroing so it wouldn't be prudent for me to do it anyway.[/quote]

I would have to agree that taking the rear sight off that frequently could cause you a problem in the future.

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
When I took the armorers course the M&Ps were provided. Guess how sloppy the rear sight was. :wink:

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
First, how much are they?

Second, Thanks for part #!

Third, I would only take it apart when installing sights!! JMHO

·
Registered
56 Posts
choochboost said:
When I took the armorers course the M&Ps were provided. Guess how sloppy the rear sight was. :wink:

I don't know, how sloppy were they?

·
Registered
5,062 Posts
CBRADGO said:
[quote name='choochboost']When I took the armorers course the M&Ps were provided. Guess how sloppy the rear sight was. :wink:

I don't know, how sloppy were they?[/quote]

Sloppy from repeated removal and re-installation.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts