MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a Glock shooter for years now - I bought my first in '90 or '91. They really don't fit my hand very well but I've adapted. I CCW fairly regularly (FL Non-res, IN travel) with my G23 and G36, and sometimes even the wife's G21 depending on my mood.

I've been nervous about the G23's partially supported chamber for years - I know it's not likely to kB, but there's that comfort level thing. So, for the last year or so I've been looking at alternatives to the G23.

I thought I had found Nirvana when I started looking at the HK P2000. I liked the LEM trigger, and it really fit my hand well. I didn't care for the slide height, and the SK was too short in the grip for me, but it was the best thing I could find.

Then I started reading about the M&P last week.

I took a drive up to the local Gander Mountain yesterday to pick up a new Tilley hat and dropped back into the gun department. They didn't have any compacts, but I did get a chance to handle a new M&P40. Nice fit, great trigger potential, but a little large for CCW IMO.

Today I braved the snow to drive to another area store that I know would have compacts in stock. The 40c I handled exceeded my expectations - I could actually get three fingers on the grip unlike a P2000SK, and the bore axis is much lower (or at least the slide isn't as tall). And it's sooo much cheaper than the HK to boot! I also handled their rental M&P40, and was happy to see how nicely the trigger seems to smooth up with a little shooting.

Time to spin off the G23 and buy a 40c! I'm hoping that the new 45 will fit me well, and then I should be set for the moment - the 40c for CCW and the 45 for defense and IDPA.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Glock Shooter too

I have several Glocks too (G20 & G38) and I have been looking for a G39 (45GAP). But I have just bought a MP 40c and it is the best. The ability to change the grip to fit my hand and not having a mag safety were +1 features.

A nice extra feature is you can switch to .357Sig ammo with only a barrel change (~$90.).

But what really surprised me was how accurate it was out of the box. It shoots straighter than my 4 inch semis and is fun to boot.

It is now my primary CCW.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having a dilemma.

The local market for used Glocks is pretty bad - the market is flooded. Most private party sales are in the $300 range.

They're offering me $275 with my set of Heinies, which are getting dim anyway since they're 11 years old. I might just trade it in with a pair of ten rounders - that way I'd save the sales tax on the trade value, too. I can still sell the rest of the hicaps privately.

Hmmm. I think I need to go back tonight to see what I can work out.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Used G23s easily sell for $400 around here, in stock configuration. Are you a member of GlockTalk? You could sell it on GlockTalk for way more than they will give you on trade in.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yukon, not around here! $325 - $350 is all I could hope to get on a FTF sale for a Gen2 G23 - that's what local dealers are getting.

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
Many people prefer 2nd Gen. Glock 23s. Have you posted it on GlockTalk? Depending on the condition, I think you could probably get $100 more than your trade in value.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Please don't let this influence your decision

Ron

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, I posted it over at GT, so let's see what develops. I thought prices were lower than they are! You can tell I don't buy and sell much anymore.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did I read where you can buy extra barrels, i have a 40, so can i get a 9 barrel, and again how much are they and where get them? Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did find a buyer over at GT - it should change hands in a week or two if all goes well.

And I ordered my 40c at my LGS today.

Woot!

·
Registered
471 Posts
I do not regret trading my G27 for the .40 compact at all!! I love the gun!

Ron

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
I sold a G26; and I just bought a M&P compact 9mm.

I haven't had the chance to shoot it yet, but I really like it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I think you are going to like the compact YukonGlocker
. I sure do not regret trading in my G27 for the .40c!!

Ron

·
Registered
4,679 Posts
HeavyDuty said:
I did find a buyer over at GT - it should change hands in a week or two if all goes well.

And I ordered my 40c at my LGS today.

Woot!

Cool man. How much did you get for it?

If I was still buying Glocks, I would have bought it.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I decided to go in fairly low at $375, so I got $100 more than the trade. Thanks for talking me into it!

The 40c will probably be in on Friday...

·
Registered
414 Posts
I've got a Glock 29 (10mm Compact) that I do love... it does feel like a 2x4 in my hand, but to a 10mm lover, it's a great gun. Anyway, I just bought an M&P 40C and gotta say this gun fits my hand so much nicer than my G29. I doubt that I would ever sell my G29 because eleven rounds of TEN in a gun the size of the M&P 40C is a wonderful thing to have... BUT, I'm probably going to carry my M&P 40C a lot more often than I will carry my G29.

SO far I've only got about 100 trouble free rounds (Speer 180 gr. Gold Dots) through my 40C, but it's proven to be a great little gun. Trigger kinda sucks, but it's getting a little better and one of these days, I'll get a trigger job and it'll be great. Accuracy is very good and I'm so glad I got the 40 over the 9, because even in 40, this gun is a pussycat to handle... no problem with 40 recoil whatsoever in this little tiger. Piece of cake. The 40C is an awesome little carry gun... highly recommended!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts