MP-Pistol Forum banner

I tried to get my 9c to malfunction......

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Onuma 
#1 ·
I tried to get mine to fail this past weekend. I had my nephew with me. I had 4 mags and lots of cheap practice ammo. I started loading mags and handing them to him. I told him we are gonna get this gun hot and shoot lots of rounds. That is what we did. He was firing and I just kept handing him loaded mags. We must have shot 400 rounds through the M&P 9c in a short time, it was damn near non-stop. The gun really got hot. Not one stovepipe or malfunction. the only thing we noticed, after about 100 rounds, the magazine started to feel loose as you fed it into the weapon. But it always worked...it just felt loose. This puts me close to 1000 rounds in the gun. Not one problem so far. I'm sure S&W still has some bugs to work out, but this is a great little platform.

#2 ·
That's great news, hope he had a loader, or his thumb is going to be sore today.... :wink:

#4 ·
My magazines feel slightly loose when the slide is locked to the rear, but that's normal for all 3 of my sidearms. As soon as you let the slide lock home, all wiggle tends to stop.

I'm glad you didn't find any problems. Shooting 400 rounds non-consecutively is a good sign for a weapon, but 400 in a short time span is excellent! I hope my 9c will do the same

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.