MP-Pistol Forum banner

What gun did you used to carry before the M&P?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not trying to start a gun brand war, I am just curios what gun you gave up to start carrying the S&W M&P line.

This is more research for myself and others who are thinking about changing to the M&P. I am not giving up my other guns, but I prefer to practice the majority of time with my carry gun(s).

I know that I can't name every brand, so I have tried to pick the most popular guns available on the market.

Steve

·
Registered
48 Posts
mine's not on the list. s&w 469

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, I had an other choice but accidentally deleted it.

Steve

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From what I've heard some of you lucky Californians can carry. It just depends what county you live in.

Steve

·
Site Staff
9,617 Posts
I've carried several different ones over the years, I've carried a Chief's Special, a 1911, a S&W 469, most recently a S&W 908, single stack 9mm.

·
Registered
124 Posts
darklyte24 said:
wheres the option for California, cannot carry.. you are so statist!!!

Depends on where you live, who you are, and how much power you have. *cough*Feinstein*cough*...

Did I ever mention how I despise California?

I despise California.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I haven’t started carrying my M&P40 yet because I’ve only put 150 of the at least 1,000 rounds through before I carry any gun. I’ve carried my first generation S&W 4513TSW, Ruger SP101 .357, S&W 908, Colt 1911 Combat Commander .45. After I break it in, I’ll either carry my M&P or SP101 depending on what I’m doing.

·
Registered
708 Posts
stmcelroy said:
From what I've heard some of you lucky Californians can carry. It just depends what county you live in.

Steve

your city or town has to have less than 200k people or something...

our state alone has 30+ mil people..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Sigma 9VE. It was a great gun and never had one problem with it. After carrying it for three years I traded it in on a new M&P9. Used to do that with my pickup trucks...now my Chevy Silverado is 10 years old and just turned 192,000. Plan on keeping the M&P for quite awhile!

·
Registered
47 Posts
MP4ME said:
[quote name='darklyte24']wheres the option for California, cannot carry.. you are so statist!!!

Depends on where you live, who you are, and how much power you have. *cough*Feinstein*cough*...

Did I ever mention how I despise California?

I despise California.[/quote]

Los Angeles County it's pretty much impossible (I know someone who does work here in the LA area with Class III items, but the county still wouldn't issue him a CCW permit.)

Orange County it's actually pretty easy. For Sheriff Corona, "I am an avid shooter and would like to be able to carry." is a valid reason to issue a permit.

·
Registered
77 Posts
G19/G17 and a Yost 9MM HiPower. I'm not giving up any of these for now. I have to make sure the M&P will work for me. This will probably take at least a year.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Full size Berettas have been my CCW for a while. I still love the 92s and 96s, and will never stop owning them, but the M&P is a little easier to conceal, and more comfortable IWB with no controls sticking out.

1 - 20 of 130 Posts