319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But not sure what to get! any input?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crimson Trace.

The only truly viable option.

I have not tried the M&P version, but I’m a huge fan of them on 1911’s. I see no reason why they would not perform equally well.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
if you like the medium grip i have to agree crimson trace is the best. I am still hopeful for a guide rod replacement style laser but i can live without. Now the crimson trace laser is not out yet, and cost almost as much as the gun it's self, i think it may just be worth it. time will tell.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
darn it. I use small grip.

I did look in to guidrod laser. I figured that wold be the best - in both not throw off balance, and does not change the shape of gun. expensive, yes. but i like the above fact.

BUT THEY DON'T HAVE ONE FOR OUR GUN!!!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I have a STreamlight TLR2 on my bedside M&P. When the Crimson Trace grip comes out I will get one for my carry M&P. In conversations with Laser Max they are not going to make a guide rod laser for the M&P, i think it has something to do with S&W offering factory models with Crimson Trace grips.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Crimson Trace grips do not change the balance of a handgun in any way, shape, or form. I would also avoid internal lasers. They have been known to come apart and lock up a weapon from time to time. Stick with the external Crimson Trace.

One question you should ask yourself about the X200L - Are you going to carry the weapon with the light / laser mounted all of the time? I seriously doubt it, and if you don’t you just gave up your visible laser for concealed carry. Although the X200L would make for a nifty bed side home defense handgun / light / laser combo the Crimson Trace with X200 or hand held light makes a much more functional combination.

·
Registered
495 Posts
There is negligible difference between say a X200 and a TLR2 in concealment. If you can do one, you can do the other.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts