MP-Pistol Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am loving the color fill on weapons and plan on doing mine soon. Would like to see y'all's.

Put in what method you used with the pic. Examples: crayon, finger nail polish, model paint exc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used model paint and some nail polish remover I did my FS40 and my shield hopefully the picture makes it I don't have this posting pics thing down yet

Attachments

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Black looks the best IMHO. :evil:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I debated doing the paint fill on all 3 of mine. only to keep the mags/ pistols straight at the range. (hey...range time ain't cheap)

I decided against it. not that it looks bad, I just figure, it looks ok as is.

·
Registered
879 Posts
I'll agree with you on this, mine was purely boredom!!!

Black looks the best IMHO. :evil:

Testors gold with NON-ACETONE nail polish remover for clean up. Odorless mineral spirits will wipe it off completely without any damage. White out on the plastic.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
I like the silver coloring. Looks really classy. How does the nail polish and model paint hold up to cleaning solvents? Also, do you brush it on and then just wipe off the excess?
Yes just dab it on let the paint sink into the letters then lightly wipe off with non acetone nail polish remover, there are youtube vids that explain it in more detail if needed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This is awesome. Ive never heard of this before. How long does it last? / what lasts the longest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
879 Posts
Non acetone finger nail polish remover
Fingernail polish color of choice, testors enamel paint, white out, or crayon.
Rubbing alcohol (91%) is the best. You may have to go to drug store to get it, wally world only has lesser %

Clean the area to be painted with the rubbing alcohol to remove any grease or oil. Let dry. Or used canned or compressed air to help it along.

Paint a square around the logo or lettering you want to color fill. Let dry. Use a damp (not wet) paper towel or cleaning patch of non-acetone fingernail polish remover to gently wipe away the paint that is above the etched lettering/logo.

What remains is the paint inside the lettering/logo. If the area around the area seems a bit foggy after you remove the excess paint, get a patch with some RemOil or other gun oil and polish it up.

Rem oil or most any gun cleaner will effect it. I found that white out lasts the longest for me. Pentel Presto is the brand, fine point, has like a pen nib on the end.

Here is my 40FS with white out.

If you mess up, just rub it all off and try again. You will find your "touch" as you do it a few times.

This is awesome. Ive never heard of this before. How long does it last? / what lasts the longest?

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Okay did mine.

Reactions: Whodini

·
Registered
28 Posts
I appreciate everyone posting and have a few ideas the direction I'd like to go...

1 - 20 of 44 Posts