MP-Pistol Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I painted the roll marks white on my 9mm, but i removed it after a while. It gets dirty and the paint comes out after a good bit of use. I shoot my guns too much to keep them painted and looking pretty. They're tools.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I did both of mine in white sorry no pics to much of pan to post with this computer. I have put about nine hundred rounds threw each one since painting with testors paint and cleaned them one with seal1 clp the other with mp7 pro or whatever it is and the paint is still white as hell. No signs of peeling or dulling. Last cleaning i used a little nylon brush and scrubbed the white and it stayed. I guess if it does start fading it will be gone for good. The gold looks good i tried it and could never get it to look good

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wife's is flat gray & mine is red.
Flat Gray is Tester's Red is Caliber Paint.
Yes I see I have missed some spots, cleaned up now...

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is awesome. Ive never heard of this before. How long does it last? / what lasts the longest?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
I haven't had it for very long, but others have said it lasts quite awhile. Honestly it's so easy, mine has already lasted long enough :ye:smiling:

·
Registered
128 Posts
I like the stealthier look, i chose NOT to put lipstick on my guns. Just my opinion, i think this kind of thing takes away from the gun.
I like the color filled better. The letters are there so why not be able to read them. Also shows some imagination and style, as well as added personal touch.

You can keep the lipstick for your pig.

Just my opinion, although who asked for it.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Here is a shot of the family. I used a sharpie gold paint pen. It's held up well and looks like it was factory done.
Damn, that FDE looks really good with the gold paint... it does give it a nice custom look. As for the black guns though, i prefer to leave them all black. Adding any color to a completely black gun (in my opinion) is just to loud for me. It screams look at me look at me. I`m not one to beg for attention, i much prefer the stealthy theme. And S&W already put white paint on the side of all of my M&P`s: "CAUTION-CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED"

To each their own, its your gun, you can do what ever you like to it. :clap:

·
Registered
62 Posts
Damn, that FDE looks really good with the gold paint... it does give it a nice custom look. As for the black guns though, i prefer to leave them all black. Adding any color to a completely black gun (in my opinion) is just to loud for me. It screams look at me look at me. I`m not one to beg for attention, i much prefer the stealthy theme. And S&W already put white paint on the side of all of my M&P`s: "CAUTION-CAPABLE OF FIRING WITH MAGAZINE REMOVED"

To each their own, its your gun, you can do what ever you like to it. :clap:
I agree. I can totally understand where your coming from. I debated doing the black pistols myself, but the two tone looked good with the gold, so I gave it a try on the black. Adding a personal touch to them is like customizing your Harley. My target stuff is like that, same with my target compound bows, but my hunting bow is all business, I guess Like the all black pistols would be if they are your tools if your a LEO.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts