MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to one of biggest gun shop in the area (grice's gunshop in Clearfield PA). I'm in market for little 22 planker.

So after spending hr or so looking several 22 (P22, Beretta 22, and Ruger 22), i dicided to settle on Ruger KMKIII512 SS fisish for $369 NIB

I dicided on this so that my gf can shoot as well - since i would like her to join me in range this year. She don't shoot 9mm too good, and 22LR is soo cheap. Everyone should have at least 1 22 pistol IMO.

So anyway, they start filling out the paper work, I showed my DL, CCW permit and so on, and i filled paper.

On the bottom, there is section where u supposed to state wether if your US citizen or not.

SO i stated that i was born outside of contry, and stated my INS ID number per instructions.

So then they came up to me and said that they can't sell me the gun, unless i can produce proof of residency of least 3 months!

I was like "? what do u mean?". They said that they have this policy that if non-US citizen wants to buy a gun - it doesn't matter if i have CCW or Green card or INS ID Number - they need to see the proof of residency! And who walks around with pocket full of electlic bills and water bill?!

They are kept saying "well, for non-US citizens this and that " - people is giving me the look, and my GF started to yapping as she is getting annoyed, and said "well, can i buy it for him?" and they said no, because they know that she is gonna give it to me!

WTF?! i never had to prove my residency for any of my previous handgun purchose!!!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
well your dl has an issue date so as long as that's your current residence it proves how long you've been there. were you speaking arabic?
j/k sometimes shops can be real jagoffs

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my DL issue date is november of 94! And my greencard issue date is 1992 in PA.

I was speaking english too. I was just really really friggin annoyed of this, had i knew, i'd went somewhere else, instead of wasting my saturday there. They were like "well, we are open tomorrow. bring back ur bill, and we'll sell u the gun"

I took the filled out paper work, and ripped it in front of sales man, and walked out.

guess I'll never gonna go there ever again.. ****ing ***holes....

Edit - i guess no language filter in here ha?

Edited by YukonGlocker for offensive language.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Not A Total Loss.....

Well at least you now know what paper work to take with you next time, what gun you want and where not to buy your Ruger. 8)

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
You actually got someone to wait on you there??
:roll:

Last time I was there (several years ago mind you) I had a pocket full of money and ready to buy a gun I stood in front of one of the cases for almost an hour no one ever asked if I wanted to see anything so I finally gave up and walked down the street to Bob's Army/Navy and bought the gun. I don't even remember what gun I bought but I know it wasn't from Grice's.

·
Registered
406 Posts
That sucks that that happened to you, man. Now you can show them just how american you are, and exercise your capitalist right to boycott them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Well, if it will make you feel any better, I am a U.S. citizen (born a raised), and I still have to provide proof of residency to my lgs. That's humiliation.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hell last time i went to a gunshow i found a Omega ar lower tried to buy it and was put on hold

by the back ground check buy the time i was cleared the gun show was over and the dealers shop was about 100 miles away from me to hell with that .

·
Registered
708 Posts
I understand what you mean, I was 18 when I first bought a 3 DVD player, I stood in front of it for a good 15 minutes untill I asked for help. some people are just plain lazy, stupid or retarded.

I hate places that like that and never return or tell the management what crappy workers they have.

·
Registered
59 Posts
America !

You have got to love this poor guy. Not a citizen, has a CCW permit and cannot get a firearm. Where else but here could this happen?

Should have bought a S&W .22 :roll: :wink:

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Holy smokes!!!!!

Dang Watson, is that your picture?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: America !

watsoncb said:
You have got to love this poor guy. Not a citizen, has a CCW permit and cannot get a firearm. Where else but here could this happen?

Should have bought a S&W .22 :roll: :wink:

Seriously tho - All my years buying firearm, this is first time i could not buy a firearm, because i did not have pocket full of utility bills to prove my residence.

Strange thing is that i usually have several bills in my car - my car has been pretty messy for sometime. But just this week, i dicided to clean my car out. I have nothing in my car...

I think i'm gonna go back to Clearfield tomorrow. Go to Bob's navy and army, and buy one of their gun - and go back to grice and look for the guy, and ask if he can find me extra mag or something...

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
I am not going to guarantee you a better experience but the guy's in Lions Supply have always been very nice to me even though I have never bought anything from them. Of course we have a new gun shop down here in Duncansville, East coast gun sales and they have really good prices sometimes lower than dealer cost.

http://eastcoastgunsales.com/

·
Registered
59 Posts
Picture

Nope thats not me. Gosh if it was I'd be very busy.

I just love looking at the stars and stripes of our flag and thought everyone else might enjoy a nice picture of our colors being shown. What do you think?

Enjoy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol

The same thing happen to me i was told all i needed was the registration to my car and that would be enough but when i told the that i was not a US Citizen i was told that would not do now for proof of residency that i would have to have a utility bill that was with in 90 days. but i was still able to pay for the Handgun i was just told i had to provide it before pickup... Sound like a bunch of bull to me whats the diffrence proof is proof citizen or not.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Interesting. Is this Federal Law or just store policy that they are trying to enforce??? I have never heard of it before. If its store policy, who needs them there should be other dealers in the area you can buy from.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Re: Picture

watsoncb said:
Nope thats not me. Gosh if it was I'd be very busy.

I just love looking at the stars and stripes of our flag and thought everyone else might enjoy a nice picture of our colors being shown. What do you think?

Enjoy.

And that sound you hear is the few women on this sight leaving...

MI_Jester

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
MI_Jester said:
[quote name='Dan Burwell']You actually got someone to wait on you there??
:roll:

Yeah... he was there with his girlfriend. I always get better service anywhere when I show up with a a woman.

MI_Jester[/quote]

this is true. When u show up with petite little blond with C cup, i usually get service quick, expecilly when i'm fugry dude, and my gf is hot, and those young punks thinks they have shot. lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts