MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a factory demo M&P 9mm compact a few weeks ago for a steal. But the slide seemed too thick and overall too bulky for a compact CCW. I was actually thinking of selling it at this weekends gun show.

I'm glad I at least took to the range first. WOW! This is an awsome shooting pistol! I only put 100rds of WWB throught it. But that was enough to change my mind.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Most double stack firearms will be thick in the slide (esp mod browning lock up guns). The M&P seems thinner than many of them. If it doesn't work for you because it is too thick then I would find a 1911 that works well (either Commander or Govt Length).

Just curious but what holster are you running? 1911s in Leather feel the same thickness wise as plastic guns (Glocks and M&Ps) in Kydex to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This M&P9c is the same size as the Glock 26 other than about 1/2" longer. I bought a full size M&P paddle hoslter which brings it out quite a bit farther than I expected but it works for now.

Recently I tried a DeSantis Speed Scabbard for a full size (same frame size as the 9c) and WOW what a great fit that was, very tight and high. I e-mailed DeSantis and they said in February there will be a Speed Scabbard for the 9c so i am holding out till then. I hate the paddle holster but that will make it so much nicer when I get something that i really like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts