MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I shot IDPA for the first time yesterday. "Let The Good Times Roll' , prior to yesterday I've only put a couple of hundred rounds though my new M&P.40c. I had a really good time and shot pretty darn well. I look forward to many future trips to IDPA events.

My M&P Rocks!!!

T-

·
Registered
17 Posts
I agree, IDPA is both fun and a decent way to teach us to think on our feet. I've only shot it twice this summer, but I plan to continue --- even if I probably continue to use that trusty Sig P226, rather than my new M&P 9c. :wink:

·
Registered
41 Posts
It's sure a lot of fun! I started a couple of months ago shooting a mini-IDPA style match monday nights in Richmond. Just a 2 stage thing. Last 2 times I used my M&P 9c for it, IWB from a Blade-Tech UCH. I reload with full-size mags which would be a no-no (I think) at a "real" IDPA match. So when I eventually shoot the real one in September I'll use my M&P 9.

Both have Trijicon front, Warren rear sights.

Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did a Four Stage CoF.Today in the mail a got anew holster I'm looking forward to using. It's a IWB made by Com-Tac it's called MTAC. I really like it so far. APS, did your sights come factory equipped.

T-

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thek9 said:
Today in the mail a got anew holster I'm looking forward to using. It's a IWB made by Com-Tac it's called MTAC. I really like it so far. APS, did your sights come factory equipped.

T-

Hey, Thek9, have you worn that MTAC with a shirt tucked in? I'm wondering how well it conceals.

·
Registered
41 Posts
T - no both of my pistols came standard with the three white dot Novaks. Traditionally I preferred 3 dot night sights, green front and orange rear from Meprolight but they still haven't released a 3 dot night sight yet for the M&P.

I was taking a PFT class beginning of June and wanted night sights for my M&P9 so I just got a front Trijicon and figured I'd try the Warren rear just for the heck of it. And I liked that setup... so I put the same on my M&P9c. Got the first set from the mp-store and the second from speed shooters specialties.

Adam

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Adam,

Thanks for the info with the sights.

SigMan34,

So far O.K. not 100% yet. Dont' get me wrong. This Minotaur is the nicest holster I've owned.

With some minor adjustments and a little breaking in I think I'll be fine.

T-

·
Registered
937 Posts
Hey, Thek9, have you worn that MTAC with a shirt tucked in? I'm wondering how well it conceals.

If it's anything like or better than the C-tac, it'll tuck just fine. My full-size virtually disappears. It's all in how you get it positioned. Guys with a bit of spare tire (like me) can position at one or five o'clock and a full-size will blend right in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts