MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone was going to be at Prado IDPA on Jan 5 that could show a newb the ropes. I will not have my holster yet, but I was going to check it out.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Call the point of contact for the match. He or she could probably arrange to hook you up with a holster for the match. The Uncle Mike's Glock 20/21 mag pouches work for the .45 M&P as well, if nobody has spares. I saw you ordered a set up from Comp-Tac - good choice! But you'll always be able to use extra mag pouches.

IDPA (and USPSA) shooters are almost always happy to help a new shooter get started. Show up with your gun, ammo, and at least the two mags that came with the gun, and the other shooters will probably make the rest of what you need appear.

If you show up without the gun, you'll be kicking yourself for months.

Also - most clubs require a new shooter to go through a safety orientation before they're permitted to shoot a match. Check on that so you can show up at the right time to go through it.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I won't be there on Jan. 5th, but I've shot there several times. They do have a new shooter orientation before you get started - great bunch of people there - they are very willing to help newbs and offer good advice.

It is usually a good sized crowd - about 60 shooters on average, you most likely won't be the only person there new to the game.

Don't be afraid to ask questions if you are unsure about anything. And follow the two most important rules: BE SAFE & HAVE FUN!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts