MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the fence - want another M&P - this time a compact.

Does it matter what serial number I buy?

For example - should I avoid MPCXXX and grab an MPLXXX?

What would a recent FACTORY FRESH serial number be on a M&P9c?

Is there a new magazine follower? I see some are gray / others black - does it matter?

Is one the new magazine?

I have a full size M&P40 - the recoil rod that came with the gun was weak - and needed to be replaced - the end (that exits the slide) was round - S&W sent me a replacement and it was like the end of a bolt - with six sides. Are the ends of the recoil rods on the compact round or six sided?

Anything else I should look for - I love the M&P but would like to increase my odds of getting a good one! I will be at the gun show tomorrow.

http://www.hgca.org/show_info.htm

·
Registered
638 Posts
Re: If I buy an M&P tomorrow - what should I look for???

z71bill said:
I am on the fence - want another M&P - this time a compact.

Does it matter what serial number I buy?

For example - should I avoid MPCXXX and grab an MPLXXX?

What would a recent FACTORY FRESH serial number be on a M&P9c?

Is there a new magazine follower? I see some are gray / others black - does it matter?

Is one the new magazine?

I have a full size M&P40 - the recoil rod that came with the gun was weak - and needed to be replaced - the end (that exits the slide) was round - S&W sent me a replacement and it was like the end of a bolt - with six sides. Are the ends of the recoil rods on the compact round or six sided?

Anything else I should look for - I love the M&P but would like to increase my odds of getting a good one! I will be at the gun show tomorrow.

http://www.hgca.org/show_info.htm

Just buy it and shoot it like you own it. (someone else came up with that line at another site and I always liked it.
) If your dealer moves a lot of product, no doubt you are going to get a recent manufactured gun but in the case of the M&P, serial number range is no guarantee of anything. The good thing is, you've got a lifetime warranty, the problems that have surfaced with the M&P appear easily correctable (don't I know and I have an MPL compact by the way), and if you have get your gun serviced by the factory, turnaround time is mighty fast. There are no new followers but I believe they have re-worked the mag catch.

For carry, I prefer the compact. Only you can decide what's best for you. Enjoy.

·
Registered
638 Posts
z71bill said:
Just buy it and shoot it like you own it -

I think its -

Shoot it like you STOLE it.

I don't know. He said "own it." What the heck do I know. Like an old folk song, these sayings go through a myriad of iterations over time.

"Steal it and make it your own." How's that? I just made that one up. (Ask Yukon, Dylan was famous for that in his early days.)

Bill, don't get picky!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts