MP-Pistol Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
.44 Special is a load that was developed by Smith and Wesson. The full correct name for the load is .44 Smith & Wesson Special. Just like .38 Specials correct full name is .38 Smith and Wesson Special. Look at all of the .40 calibers out there that are made by other manufacturers that have .40 s&w stamped on them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
ledge said:
.44 Special is a load that was developed by Smith and Wesson. The full correct name for the load is .44 Smith & Wesson Special. Just like .38 Specials correct full name is .38 Smith and Wesson Special. Look at all of the .40 calibers out there that are made by other manufacturers that have .40 s&w stamped on them.

There are two .38 specials - the .38 Smith & Wesson is rather rare and, as I understand it will not work in "normal" .38s that most are chambered for. IIRC the .38 Special was developed by Colt.

--jcd

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have a pair of these revolvers, they were made in two configurations, mine are the 3" barrel with adjustable sights version, there was also a fixed sight DAO version, but I have never seen one in person.

Great little guns, excellent for concealed carry.

On top is the fixed sight version

Center is the adjustable sight version

Bottom is a Smith & Wesson

1 - 5 of 5 Posts